Best way to apply NARS multiples?

alka1

What is the best way to apply these?

I've seen people pat the stick over their face and then blend out with their fingers. I've seen others get the product on their fingertips and then they blend it onto the skin. What's your favorite way to apply these? Would a brush work, or does it work better with fingers?

also, if i'm wearing MSF natural (powder) would this go on top of that, or before I apply the powder? thanks
smiles.gif

shellyshells

I like to pat the product (multiple/cream brush) on my face with my (clean!) fingers, it looks better to me when I do it that way.

When I had my Nars makeover they put liquid foundation then set it with the powder foundation and then patted on Riviera multiple on my cheeks. It came out nice, no streaking. Which multiple did you get?

User38

fingers, a 190 brush, or a sponge work fine -- if you use a powder, put the powder over the multiple just to make sure it doesn't glop up
smiles.gif

alka1

Thanks for the helpful tips, everyone. I'll probably end up applying it with my fingers since it seems to be the easiest and fastest way to do it
smiles.gif

shellyshells - I will be getting the South Beach and Portofino multiples. I should mention that I don't have these yet.. I was going to order them yesterday but sephora.com doesn't have south beach in stock
ssad.gif
as soon as it's back up online i will be placing the order

shellyshells

^^ good choices! I got Riviera today and getting Copacabana & Tuomota next. I didn't like the multiples at first but I kept playing and now I loooove them.

alka1

I wanted to get Copacabana as well, but since I already have several highlighters I opted for South Beach instead. I still want it though! i'm sure i'll get it sometime in the future
smiles.gif

alka1

well, my multiples are on their way and arriving this thursday.. In the meantime - have you guys read the Multiple story on the NARS website? really interesting
smiles.gif
I love knowing this kind of stuff (where the idea for a product originates from)

Quote:
In 1996 Harper's Bazaar did a story featuring six of the top makeup artists of the time. The direction for each was to pick their favorite model, pick their favorite look and the magazine would credit every product used.

Carolyn Murphy was the choice of François Nars. François was inspired to showcase beautiful, translucent looking skin - a departure from the heavily matted skin in fashion at the time. François choose to use a single lipstick on eyes, cheeks and lips to add a touch of color and a healthy glow. Nothing else was added.

NARS was credited with exactly the one product. The caption read: “NARS Brown Out - Tangier Lipstick on eyes, face and lips”

Soon customers started buying lipstick for eyes, face and lips to re-create the beautiful skin they'd seen in Harper's Bazaar, but we all know that lipstick is not the best for face and eyes. This led François to create a universal texture - The Multiple was born. A revolutionary stick for the entire face in a cream-to-powder formula that was oil-free.

The single image which transformed an industry.

click here to see the picture.

aziajs

I only really use mine as a cheek highlight so I apply directly onto my cheek and use my fingers to blend.

alka1

I guess it's about time I update this thread. I've had my Multiple sticks for a few days now so I can finally give a fair review.

to say i'm impressed is an understatement! i now understand why these get such amazing reviews. South Beach is really creamy and smooth. Portofino is not as creamy as South Beach, but still blends really well and so far is my favorite out of the two.

When I first applied South Beach, I wasn't so sure if I liked it. I smoothed the stick over my cheeks and then blended with my fingers. The result was a super-shimmery cheek with no color at all. The next day I swirled my fingertip on the stick, and then tapped the product onto my cheek and placed it directly where I wanted the color. Didn't look very shimmery and the color showed up a lot better!
smiles.gif

Portofino is a gorgeous coral-pink color. Looks very natural and the shimmer is just perfect. It also looks great paired with south beach
yes.gif

I haven't tried using a brush with this yet, right now I am satisfied with just using my fingers

next on my list: Copacabana and Palm Beach. I also want to try the new Multiple bronzers.. still not sure what shade would be best for me though.

alka1

Well, i'm going to be getting two more of these this weekend.

I'm planning on getting Malaysia and Copacabana. If any of you have either of these two i'd love to hear your thoughts/opinions!
yes.gif

gildedangel

I would use my clean fingers, it looks more natural for me! Apply them before powder, if the powder you use has a lot of color to it apply the cream a little brighter so that it still shows through.

*neerja*

i got the portofino/malibu duo and i love itt!! its not a stick for me so patting is not an option. but they're very creamy in texture and you can just run your fingers on it and then on rub it on your cheek and blend it out. i think i wud put this on before powder cuz i don't think it will blend in well on top of powder. portofino is a gorgeous coralish pinkish colours and malibu is more a plummy/pinkish brown. i cant wait to try them on
smiles.gif

jani04

The story is really interesting. Though I wouldn't recommend going out and using your lipstick for your cheeks and eyes. They have a sticky texture which I was worried the multiple might be like.

But thankfully the added some sort of powder/starch in it so it's not stick but like a cream blush.

allthatglamour

I have orgasm, mauritis, and cannes and I seriously streak it on my cheek like afootball player- then smooth and blend with my fingertips

mandycd

Copacobana is probably the multiple I use most (I have them all exceot antibes and 2 of the bronzer shades). It's an amazing highlighter... One trick the MA at the nars counter taught me... use it as an eyeshadow base, it really intestifies the colors of your shadows... LOVES IT!!!

Actually, all the multiple are great for a blush base too... it helps your powder blush last longer and you can make your own custom shades!!!

heygirlhey698

I have one in orgasm, and i like to streak it on to my cheeks, and just blend it in with my 187 brush, or my fingers.