better black: black tied or carbon?

mizfit

Hey, girls.

Just wondering which you think is the better black. I'm probably only going to use this for lining. I know Black Tied has some sparkle and Carbon is supposed to be matte - who has one or both? Maybe you can recommened one over the other. Thanks.

here_is_gone_88

I really like black tied. Carbon flakes on me and just the texture/quality of it feels different. Black tied is basically just orgasmic all around. Carbon gives me the black eye look.

colormust

i really love black tied as a liner or a shadow.
i have carbon and i only use it on my waterline cause it has no glitter.

but if i had to chose i would use black tied.... : )

bellaetoile

both. seriously. i didn't think i needed both of them, but i got them to complete my black/neutral palette, and they're probably my 2 most used shadows. they do completely different things, and complement different colors. carbon is good as a liner, or to tone down and mute brighter shades, black tied is good if you want an intense, high impact black or smoky look. i didn't think i'd like CARBON (edited: im a moron, i originally said black tied) since its a matte, yet its SO easy to blend and work with.

Jaim

I like Black Tied best. When I use it as a liner, I don't even see the glitter.

aquarius11

I'd have to say Black Tied as well. Carbon tends to flake on me for some reason. Maybe because it's a matte? IDK.

brandi

i really like both! esp. since sometimes i like to throw in a little matte... i think carbon goes on darker IMO... but i have to have both!

Pushpa

i have both as well carbon goes un very nicely for me and i love...carbon also changes color depending on how well it is blended...but black tied i love as a liner becasue it goes on darker

MAC_WH0RE

i actually dont like either.
im more of a print/scene/knight divine person.
print is amazing.
i love the texture, and its so easy to blend.

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

I personally couldn't live without carbon in my collection... I love it for lining and use it just about everyday. Black tied is very nice... But I find you can use carbon with just about anything, especially as, with black tied, if you want a simple look say, the sparkle takes it away from that... But if you can afford it, I'd get both. They're both great!

pumpkincat210

I'd say both. I had Black Tied and then i got Carbon and was like why did I wait so long? Both of mine have dips in them.

GimpyPoop

Yo,
Black Tied all the way! It's way easier to blend and I just like the little sparkles (even though they hardly show up).
LN

user79

I only have Carbon but I was looking at the Black Tied one and wasn't really sure, but I think the gold sparkles make it less versatile so if you just get one of them, get Carbon. I use mine a lot, for lining, smokey eye, eyebrows...it's a good basic black and it goes on very very dark.

MAC_Pixie04

Carbon i prefer over Black Tied, because Black Tied is very sheer on me (which is a good thing in many situations) but when I want a really sophisticated smokey eye, those damn sparkles end up all over my face and it looks like i rolled around in a glitter bin. And then they're pointless because when I do want them to show up, they disappear. But it really depends on what you're looking for and what you like.