Better than or equal to MAC

coco chanel

I love stila for e/s, nars does great blushes in a wide variety of shades and quality is excellent, i like benefit blushes for a more sheer day look, ysl faux cils and the new chanel inimitable mascara is amazing.....laura mercier's translucent powder is the best!!!!!!!!
cheerleader.gif

Lady_MAC

Estee Lauder creme blush is far superior to MAC. When the two are put beside each other, MAC looks like dollar store junk. The E.L blush is half the size of MAC's creme blush, and is double the price (came to $39.90 CAD) but believe me, it is definitely worth it.

kimmy

i just got my first Rimmel lipgloss a few weeks ago, and i think it's staying power and glossiness is comparable to MAC lipglasses, only the Rimmel l/g isn't anywhere near as sticky as MAC l/g and it's only $5
smiles.gif

5_mac_love

i love la femme eyeshadows!!! the quality is right up there with mac or nars and the eyeshadows are large (like old style mac e/s) actually these are the size of bobbi brown blushes to be exact! and they cost about $4 each! they have a good a large variety of colors and textures, and the lipsticks are awesome too! i have been using la femme since i was 14 (i am now 34)
thmbup.gif

DaizyDeath

FACE PRODUCT: Smashbox beats Mac everytime in the skin product area mac seriously sucks at making face stuff. Smashbox softlights 200x better then MSf's no joke try em, Smashbox Photofinish Green Primer LOVE IT!

Eyes: You cant really beat mac for the price and quality if you buy in the pro pan for their eyeshadows, I also like urban decay but they are more expensive and i dont like to depot them for my kit so their less convienient im shure i could find a suitable color match from mac to all the urban decay colors but i just really like UD's texture it cant be beat.

Blush: Again i use softlights alot but for my kit i use mostly mac due to the fact that its convienient, cheaper if i buy in pan, and good quality.

Lips: I only like mac's lipstick in the creamy fomulas even with those though i have to retouch alot but i find its that way with most lipsticks, I like their lip varnishes.

Pigment: Mac cant be beat in this area all other brands are either more expensive, lesser in quality or dont have a good selection. The only brand that i find comparable to Mac is BEN NYE LUMIERES which are only 8.99 for more product then mac and come in around 15 colors the only thing is i HATE the sifter jars they come in so i buy the mac empty pigment jars at the pro store and put them into there.

Liners: I like black track and frostlight that about it i dont like colored liner at all cant stand to put it on anyone or myself hahah.

Mascara: Its like an uphill battle with me, mac and their mascaras i like the pro lash formula but i hate the brush so i use my zoomlash brush with the pro lash formula hahaha im looking into trying other mac formulas.

Kiseki

Other than MAC, let me check what I have in my everyday bag:

Sparkling Touch by YSL, a dazzling lipgloss, girls, you like shine and non-sticky, use this, it's gorgeous.

Chanel lipgloss for that lacquered effect. I like it better than lipglass because it's less sticky.

Shiseido transparent gloss lipstick, I just love it, it gives life to lips without any color and you can layer it on top of coloured lipstick.

Chanel Powder Compact, it's not as agressive as blot powder for me.

Makeup Forever Lift Concealer, I just love it for an everyday concealer or a base for cream concealers.

Makeup Forever Mat-Velvet, my HG foundation when it comes to medium to full coverage foundation with matte finish and great for photography.

deathcabber

Urban Decay - Their eyeshadows are amazing and they make up about 30% of my e/s collection. Also, the Primer Potion. I like it better than Bare Canvas!

MACtastic

Eyeshadows:
Urban Decay-The pigmentation and texture is amazing, especially in the deluxe shadows. They just came out with some new shades for the deluxe shadows, and they are GORGEOUS!
Bare Escentuals-My latest obsession. Such gorgeous shades! They're incredibly buildable too. I love them for more sheer eye looks.

Mascara:
Blinc-Kiss Me mascara is the best for your basic every day mascara!

Foundation:
Laura Mercier-Oil Free Foundation
Vincent Longo-Water Canvas Foundation

Blush/Bronzer:
CARGO
NARS

stevoulina

Well, I only own 2 MAC products: MAC Blot Powder (+backup) and Prrr Lipglass! So, here are my non-MAC picks:

Face:

-Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer (my HG tinted moisturizer)
-L'Oreal True Match Concealer (covers pretty well and doesn't look cakey!)
-Maybelline Dream Mousse Blushes (they blend easily and they give me that "glow"!)
-Maybelline Expert Wear Blushes (soft, pigmented blushes for everyday use aka non-shimmery!)
-Milani Blushes (soft, SUPER pigmented and a bit shimmery blushes!!)
-Rimmel Soft Cream Blushes (they blend easily and they make my powder blushes last a lot longer!)
-L'Oreal Blush Delice (soft, quite pigmented and a bit shimmery! LOVE them!)

Eyes:

-Milani Eyeshadows (smooth, pigmented, shimmery, they don't crease, dirty cheap, they can be very easily depotted! What more can I ask??)
-Maybelline Full 'n Soft Waterproof Mascara (it makes my eyelashes fuller!)
-Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara (can you say "dramatic lashes"??
smiles.gif
)
-Maybelline Lash Expansion Waterproof Mascara (it makes my eyelashes longer!)
-ArtDeco Eyeshadow Base (It keeps my eyeshadow and eyeliner in place for over 8hours and I have VERY oily lids!!Enough said!)
-ArtDeco Eyeshadows (soft, pigmented, they have matte, pearl and iridiscent finishes, they don't crease, they have a little magnet attached to it so that you can put the eyeshadows in a palette!)
-Prestige Waterproof Automatic Eyeliner in Black (My HG eyeliner! It's soft enough, so that the color is easily transferred on my lid, but it's not too soft, so that it smears all over my eyes!It doesn't need sharpening too!Cool!)
-WnW Eyeshadow Trio in Belgian Chocolates (Oh my, I love this palette so much! Wonderful, shimmery, pigmented, soft eyeshadows in 3 beautuful colors (creamy, metallic gold, dark brown!) )
-Prestige Lip/Eye Palette in Soleil (the same as above!!)
-L'Oreal Wear Infinite Eye Shadow Quartet in Golden Sunrise LE (soft, pigmented, gorgeous colors!)
-L'Oreal Wear Infinite Eye Shadow Quartet in Bronze Sunset LE (the same as above!)

Lips:

-Revlon Super Lustrous Lips Glosses (they're not tacky, they're moisturizing and they last!!)
-Max Factor Silk Gloss in Peach Glow (it feels like lip balm on and it smells great!)
-Rimmel Vinyl Lip Gloss (they're not tacky, they're moisturizing and they last!!)
-Maybelline Shiny-licious Lip Gloss (I like them, especially their applicator!)

Various Stuff:

-Clean & Clear Instant Oil-Absorbing Sheets (my life-savers! I blot my face with these and they remove oil without ruining my makeup!Yay!!)

IcesUltraGlam7

Mark eyeshadows are great they are highly pigmented and unique.Avon's Superfull Mascara has proven to be excellent compared to alot out there.Pitch black with flexi-brush.Great a gentle lipplumpers.MaryKay's lipsticks are highly pigmented and the lipglosses are as good as MAC's lipgloss with unique colors.Non sticky.L'oreal's a great fall back and so is Revlon.Graham Webb eye palette in Blackout is beautiful for the eyes.Sovage plumper's are in my opinion the best even though I have full lips I get a gentle plump.Keeps lips moisturized all day.Elizabeth ARden Shinepops, eye-fix and lipfix,LipFix allows MAC lipsticks to come out as bold as they look on the shelf amazing with MAC lipsticks.I'm trying to keep less brands as possible but each have unique quality's.I want to stick with MAC and will be purchasing much more.

Artemis

I prefer MAC over everything accept Mascara. I love you MAC but you really need to rework some of the formulas and brushes. I prefer Estee Lauder or shiseido mascaras.

CaraAmericana

I use the Bobbi Brown gel liner in Violet and the under eye corrector.
L'oreal Voluminous in Very Black.
Merle Norman for Luxiva Lasting foundation.
Then I have a shader and concealer type brush by Loew-Cornell Paintbrushes.
Loose powder colorless by Jane.
N.Y.C. Brower eyebrow kit in brunette
Some Milani shadows

Then I prefer everything else in MAC!
clap.gif

TBaby

I absolutely LOVE Urban decay Deluxe eyeshadow. Fantastic colour and consistency! Also couldnt live without Dior mascara, the diorshow range, Lancome juicy tubes, NARS e/s good too and Bare escentuals e/s.

MAC still my fave tho xx

clamster

Stila e/s's, brushes, Nars, True colors has nice e/s's, Covergirl lash exact, golden lady e/s from Flirt I heard is the same as MAC's woodwinked I own it and it looks great on brown eyes,urban decay,chanel, YSL has amazing face products, the teint parfait's and touche eclat look extremely natural but make a Huge difference, make up for ever, bare escentuals is great except that the loose powders get messy and the lids are sometimes hard to close that's all I can think of right now.
smiles.gif

siawby

Shu Uemura and Smashbox!
I don't wear l/s but I've heard wonderful things about Shu's (have yet to try them), but I do love their e/s. It's very pricey compared to MAC's..$20 per I think, so I only have 2, but I do think they are wonderful and they also have an amazing color selection! Smashbox's artificial light is great and gives a subtle glow to the face---looks natural/healthy/pretty at the same time.
My new rave is Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer. I love it! It feels like nothing but your everyday face lotion, but makes you look flawless....and yes, SPF! If I wasn't a poor student I would definitely buy backups.

DamenesGirl

I use Bobbi Brown tinted moisturiser, correcter and concealer and the whole set of brushes. The no smudge mascara is good too.

UD deluxe shadows and slick pot xxx in carney

Loreal mascara

Clinique pink shimmery blush compact thingy!

Showgirl

Non-MAC makeup loves? But surely that would be *gasp* cheating? :-0

I adore MAC and use it for most things, but here's a few of my favourite "infidelities" lol...
eyes
-----
- Urban Decay Primer potion... just the best

- Urban Decay heavy metal glitter liner in "Baked", a wonderful peachy gold that's perfect for brown eyes

- Urban Decay eyeshadow in "Vert", a jewel-bright sheer emerald shimmer, really pretty and incredibly vivid..... was hands down my favourite green eyeshadow until Wondergrass came out, now they're neck n neck....

- Lancome Hypnose mascara: a brilliant bodybuilding, lengthening, easy to use mascara, I always swither between this and Zoomlash (which is just as thickening but LOTS messier, on the other hand also a ton cheaper, I like these two mascaras equally)

- Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner: sorry MAC, these are LOADS better than fluidlines, though the colour selection isn't so good..... I wore Black Ink BB liner through a fortnight in Sydney summertime and the stuff NEVER BUDGED in the heat, while the fluidlines I took with me smudged.... check out the "shimmer" colours (ivy shimmer, sapphire shimmer, chocolate shimmer etc) for some really different and pretty eyelining options.

CHEEKS
--------
- I like MAC's blushes, but my HG is Sue Devitt silky blush in Belize, a mauvey rose with lovely subtle sheeny shimmer. Pigmented and smooth, applies and blends like a dream. Sue Devitt's an Australian brand you don't see much in this country (UK), if I ever get the chance to try more of her stuff I will jump at it, the quality of the blush is amazing.

LIPS
-----
- For all of about $3/£2, try Milani's "Candy Apple" sheer lip colour, a sheer bluish red glaze which applies and lasts as well (and indeed very similarly to) the MAC lustre lipsticks. Has a lovely vanilla scent/taste too (standard Milani l/s taste and smell disgusting, it's only the Sheers that have the MAC-like taste).

HTH, Sho