fake187.jpg

vs FAKE 187

specktrafake187.jpg

NOW compare the above 2 to the ORIGINAL REAL 187
real187.jpg

she's obviously been cheated.
what do u all say?

ledonatella

I don't see a difference between the 2, at least in these pictures. Can you tell us how it differs in person?

girlstar

These both look fake to me. I don't see a number stamped on either handle, and both handles have a contour to them.

lia_matos

The biggest difference: the placement of MAC symbol. On the original brush, it's near the ferrule, on the fake one is on the center. Other differences: the original brush handle is pratically a cylinder, the ferrule crimping is different (like if it was deeper and "securer")

ledonatella

Ok, when I posted the Original pic. wasen't up yet...yeah and I wasen't even thinking that mine has a number, duh! I just saw the pics of the 2 fakes and were thinking it was the same, totally not paying attention!

boysareliers

yeah, i just updated the post to increase awareness of fake 187 out there. i wasn't aware there are fake 187 until i saw my fren's 187 brush being so different from mine.

Hope this help others from being scam!

caffn8me

Another major difference with that fake 187 is the handle shape - the genuine 187 has a handle that is a constant diameter along its length. The fake has a double taper.

avjwc

I have one of those fakes, I got it for free after paypal refunded my money. It's actually pretty good quality except it says MAC on it. The head is bigger than the authentic 187 so I use it for bronzer and powder. If they sold it as a generic brush, I would actually buy a few to give as Christmas gifts.

boysareliers

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcabber
Where did the fake come from? I was gonna buy one off of ebay but now Im worried I'll get a fake.

my friend got hers from a swap at MUA.