Biggest Makeup Crimes committed by Women of Color

Richelle83

http://clumpsofmascara.com/2013/04/unique-spring-trends.html

lol is this sarcasm? I just read through this thread and then googled the black e/l as l/l and came across this :S
This was posted on April FOOLS day lol. Of course it's a joke!

MsKb

oh thank goodness! i just caught up with this thread when i saw it in the recent discussions and i'd never really seen the black lipliner thing before so decided to google ...phew..the April Fools thing went completely over my head... I read the comments too and i totally got caught because nobody really seemed to pick it up either..lol one day i'll try this black lipliner business in the secrecy of my room and see it up close and personal LOL

Richelle83

oh thank goodness! i just caught up with this thread when i saw it in the recent discussions and i'd never really seen the black lipliner thing before so decided to google ...phew..the April Fools thing went completely over my head... I read the comments too and i totally got caught because nobody really seemed to pick it up either..lol one day i'll try this black lipliner business in the secrecy of my room and see it up close and personal LOL
LOL I was really thinking at first there is no way that many people would be ok with that, but then I saw the date and it clicked!

misfitted

so I have to go back and read every single page of this thread, because I cried laughing at the first page, but a few things that came to my mind IMMEDIATELY were: - nude lipstick that's not really nude, just light as hell - chalk browbone highlight - baby powder and flour-esq highlighting on the face (sometimes I want Ben Nye to discontinue that banana powder smh... IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE!) - a full lash line to lid wash of ONE COLOR (i KNOW women of all races do this, but i wanted to throw it in there anyway lol) - un-blended lip liner - VIVA GLAM NICKI 2! MY JESUS! SOME OF US JUST CAN'T PULL THAT ONE WITHOUT ALTERING IT. A LOT. - open bobby pin eyebrow shapes - lining the lips outside of the natural lip line (i don't know many of my sistas that don't already have full lips, why are you lining all up into the middle of your cupid's bow) - THAT IGNANT STARK WHITE LINER IN THE WATER LINE! IF YOU DON'T GET A PEACH TONED LINER! the market has stuff available that's more fitting than styrofoam white! - SNUFFALUFAGUS TARANTULA LEG BEAUTY SUPPLY LASHES APPLIED WITH WEAVE BONDING GLUE! JUST. STOP! i did the black/dark brown lip liner with gloss thing in middle school and IT WAS THE SHIZNET BACK THEN (hard candy lip liner was my ish!). but ummm, i'm about to be 30 next year, so i don't want to see this anymore lol!

RedLadi

Too thick false lashes silver eyeshadow Unblended eyeshadow to much foundation, powder, bronzer and blush combo

I think women of color just have to follow a few simple guidelines when it comes to certain colors. But overall I think a woman should be able to wear anything she wants. I don't think a dark woman should afraid of a cherry red lipstick (no liner) and I don't think a fair skinned woman should be afraid of a vampy dark lip. Small tweaks make the difference. And Confidence is Key.

I did a make up tutorial with my best friend who is olive skinned and we did the exact same makeup so people can see a lot of makeup looks are universally flattering! check it out! Cherdollsugar on youtube!

http://youtu.be/6HJjr9L9Tf4
http: