Bikini Line Help

xxcriscann7xx

help what works best to prevent ingrowns and razor burn? I wax when I can but it's not always an option. I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin there so please give me your tricks!

onlyoneeye

A stripper once told me that strippers apply underarm deodorant after they shave that area because prevents the burn, the ingrown hairs and the razor bumps. To prevent the bumps I apply it a for a few nights after I've shaved. Don't know if it will work for you but it works great for me and the strippers.

BTW, I'm not a stripper.

MissMochaXOXO

bikini zone products, witch hazel pads or toner

thats what i use and they work perfect 4 me
smiles.gif

xxcriscann7xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyoneeye
....BTW, I'm not a stripper.

hahahaaha that was funny

but thanks for the ideas!

AliVix1

i second the deodorant!! make sure its a girls deo tho obv! haha i even got my bf hooked on putting it on his neck when he get razor burns!

RoseyPosey

i have done the deodorant thing, but exfoliating makes a HUGE difference, or try the witch hazel which works really well also.

ohnna-lee

Bliss ingrown hair illiminating pads.

I used to use Tend skin and always had a bad reaction, so I stopped using it and just gave up. Then finally I went into Pure Beauty and asked what other products there were. I am pleased with them.

Paramnesia

I get really bad ingrown hairs and razor burn when i shave, i like the deo idea but is it really safe to put down there, i get infections pretty easily. I'm really looking for an exfoliator too.

I'm totally regretting shaving the other day, I have to somehow deal with it and 4 days of temps of 40c+ (approx 105f) without an air con
ssad.gif

ruthless

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxcriscann7xx
help what works best to prevent ingrowns and razor burn? I wax when I can but it's not always an option. I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin there so please give me your tricks!

Exfoliate the heck out of the area, there is a product made for african american men called bumpstopper (neck area) that works well. Actually, it's pretty amazing-I have dark, coarse angry hair that just never co operates and it clears it up pretty well

Personally, waxing for me doesn't make them any better mainly because the hair is finer and has a hard time breaking thru the skin. So shaving I get razor bumps, waxing I get ingrown hairs. ARGH!!

I did laser hair removal on my underarms and brazillian, a treatment of each-haven't had much problem with underarms since just ONE treatment but bikini line not so much.

Avozilla

You could also try going comando for a couple days. Taking away the friction from your undies helps with the bumps.

Sabrunka

Ehh just make sure you use a clean new sharp razor.. It's kinda of hard to prevent ingrowns though, I always get them, and I always wax lol. Just exfoliate and it should help.

user79

I used to get razor burn and really bad itchiness and redness once the hairs started growing back when I shaved the bikini area, so I stopped shaving all together. I use electric clippers now and just trim to the shortest setting, overall this is a much healthier solution for me.

ruthless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I used to get razor burn and really bad itchiness and redness once the hairs started growing back when I shaved the bikini area, so I stopped shaving all together. I use electric clippers now and just trim to the shortest setting, overall this is a much healthier solution for me.

My friend does this also, and it works great for her.

Paramnesia

Any rec's for a good electric razor?
I got one for the bikini area when I bought my electric razor for my legs but it butchers me, I always end up with cut. I have horrible scars now along my bikini line from ingrown hairs, they look so disgusting.

mtrimier

Oddly enough, I get ingrown hairs from wax and not razors, but I third the deodorant idea (just on the sides, and really lightly), and exfoliating. I also just pluck the hairs with tweezers that I missed or if they are ingrown, gently warm the area with a damp wash cloth to soften the skin, pluck the hair and then swipe a little witch hazel on the area and let it dry.

broken_soul

I have issues with this too. Lately I switched to the Gillette Fusion razor and it seems to be working for me. But I can only use each razor blade no more than 2 times or it gets dull and that's when the bumps and ingrowns happen. Anyway I also think using a trimmer helps and also not shaving too much like every day is not good for my skin and irritates it like crazy.

I've also been using a lotion that contains glycolic acid and that seems to be helping since it's an exfoliating lotion.

LRWade

Exfoliate regularly the area of hair removal. Doesn't matter what method of removal you use.
smiles.gif

Waxing-braver than I!!!