Bite Beauty

GreenEyedAllie

OMG, yes I eat so much lipstick. T's reviews always say her lipsticks last up to 8 hours or something and I'm like, how? Maybe if I never talked, ate or drank anything. 
Oh good! I thought I must be crazy or a mutant. Even with true mattes,I'm lucky to get 4 hours....6, if I skip a meal.

bunnypoet

OMG, yes I eat so much lipstick. T's reviews always say her lipsticks last up to 8 hours or something and I'm like, how? Maybe if I never talked, ate or drank anything.
Tell me about it! I'm constantly drinking water and coffee, snacking on almonds to keep my blood sugar steady, etc. A matte liquid lipstick or stain maybe, but with a regular lipstick I need to regularly reapply or touch up some areas because it always pulls a disappearing act on me. Also, in dry climates or air conditioned offices/houses, you have the tendency to lick your lips from dehydration, so again you are eating the lipstick. I love Bite Beauty, and I'm so glad Sephora carries them. My sister is really picky about what lip products she uses, and now she mainly uses Bite Beauty and Ilia (because these two companies seem to be a good combination of pretty colors and relatively safe ingredient decks).

PinkMaraschino

Lol I agree. I never rely on T's "anything" though. Her swatches bother me and rarely ever look how they should (even though her and I are the same skin tone). She swipes every lipstick like...once on top and once on bottom. I don't know ANYONE who does that in real life! Even with pigmented lipsticks I'm like...4 swipes on top (min.) and 4 on bottom. I feel saturation shows true tone of lipsticks. Anyway, I ended up at Sephora yesterday (even though I ordered a few things and Bite Bellini the day before lol) and got Juniper. You're right, very pretty and I don't have anything like it or Barberry!

jravae

I was wearing Juniper this weekend and the cashier at the grocery store stopped me and asked what lipstick I was wearing. She had never heard of Bite and made me fish it out of my purse to show her. Haha. I'm really happy with the color-it surprised me because I thought Barberry would be the favorite.

BuickMackane

Thanks to a sweet Specktrette I was able to get my paws on 4 of the Maple lippies: Warmed, Braised, Candied and Mulled
pompom.gif

So far I wore Braised and Candied and I have to say I'm impressed. These suckers are bursting with pigment and they apply beautifully. No fading or feathering either, which is something I have experienced to some extent with the regular Bite formula. And yeah, they smell DIVINE
th_e2cloud9.gif

I'll post some arm swatches on the weekend. Let me know if you're interested in any comparisons!

In the meantime, here's a mugshot feat. Braised:

PinkMaraschino

Thanks to a sweet Specktrette I was able to get my paws on 4 of the Maple lippies: Warmed, Braised, Candied and Mulled :pompom: So far I wore Braised and Candied and I have to say I'm impressed. These suckers are bursting with pigment and they apply beautifully. No fading or feathering either, which is something I have experienced to some extent with the regular Bite formula. And yeah, they smell DIVINE :cloud9: I'll post some arm swatches on the weekend. Let me know if you're interested in any comparisons! In the meantime, here's a mugshot feat. Braised:
So pretty on you! I cannot wait to get my Maples...someone is helping me too from across the pond (haha). I got Candied and Sugared Maple.

PinkMaraschino

hehehehe...  glad it's Canada only!   why would they do that though? 
They released the Frozen Berries to the U.S., and Maples to Canada. Who knows why lol...but there is a thread on Sephora's "Beauty Talk" called "Berries seeking Maples" in which someone can help you if you really want something from across the pond!

GreenEyedAllie

They haven't just yet. I think tomorrow they will be here. My Canadian Fairy Godmother emailed today and sent me tracking.
smiles.gif
Yes, there seems to be a Canadian patron saint of lipsticks keeping watch over all of us.
angelic.gif
She is helping me to get Sugared Maple and the lip mask...I'm so excited I can't even. I tried to tell myself I didn't need it, there are plenty of dupes, etc. etc.....nope!

Vineetha

Here is the September's Bite Beauty 250 point perk. The shade is Mimosa, warm red. Not super orangey.
This is super nice too!! Gotta collect them all for the cute mirror
girlhaha.gif
I think the next one is a burgundy shade (i cnnot find that post anymore so i could have totally dreamt that)

hitchcockblonde

This is super nice too!! Gotta collect them all for the cute mirror :haha:  I think the next one is a burgundy shade (i cnnot find that post anymore so i could have totally dreamt that)
Thanks! It is a burgundy/plum shade next! Honestly I like the lipsticks but I'm mostly getting these for the mirrors, they are just so cute. Not huge on the glosses, they are pretty sticky.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Don't know if any Canadian ladies have noticed, but three of the five Frozen Berries shades have appeared on the Sephora Canada web site. They're listed as not in stock, but they are there...

GreenEyedAllie

Don't know if any Canadian ladies have noticed, but three of the five Frozen Berries shades have appeared on the Sephora Canada web site. They're listed as not in stock, but they are there...
I've had the same thing for the maples on the U.S. site, but they've never made an appearance. Thank goodness for my Canadian lipstick fairy godmother!

Latest posts