Black Base

GlamYOURUs

Whats your fav?

I haven't tried sharkskin soley b/c I don't like the texture of shadesticks.

I don't like paints either b/c they tend to be drying and for me, shadows don't blend too well BUT I think I found a new love for them b/c Graphito is a lot creamier and softer than bare canvas or the others.

I adore paintpots but haven't tried Blackground yet, color wise, is it just like sharkskin and graphito?

Also, what are good combination of colors on top of a black base?

Thanks a bunch!

Skin*Deep

I loooove sharkskin, but I also dig blackground. I like the shadestick more because for me it blends out better, as far as paintpots go, I've noticed that the more shimmery and glittery, the less creamy. I've also got good results with black tied and a little MUFE eye seal, but I don't do that very often because I hate cleaning it off my brush......

SuSana

Black Black chromaline!

So smooth and creamy. I used to use Blacktrack but forget that now that I have Black Black, forget that lol.

jdechant

MMmm..black black chromaline is a DREAM! I love it as a base!! Sharkskin is ok too..but not as great as black black chromaline!
yes.gif

GlamQueen21

I haven't tried the Sharskin s/s or the Blackground p/p but I do want Blackground p/p though! Good base to do a smokey eye look!

benzito_714

l'oreal cream color crayon (i think that's the name) in black. you have to work fast when you use this but its a great base.

MissMochaXOXO

i think cool eye shadow combos -like electra with satin taupe- look so good over a black base!anything with a silver-ish sparkle pops so nicely.

MACLovin

I got this Victoria Secret gel eyeliner duo in Black Satin/Extra Olive. Both colors are awesome as an e/s base! The black side is buildable and smooth, and doesn't crease.

I think just about anything that contrasts will look good over a black base. It will make whatever color pop a little more. I like golds and lighter colors myself. It gives it good dimension.
thmbup.gif

MissResha

so fluidlines dont crease up? someone let me know because i own several and if i could use them as a base that would be so dope
greengrin.gif

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
so fluidlines dont crease up? someone let me know because i own several and if i could use them as a base that would be so dope
greengrin.gif

I think they make awesome bases, actually. I use Sweet Sage f/l as a base when I do greens and it looks great! Try it
winks.gif
Dope, indeed.

Shadowy Lady

I use Stila's Black Smudge Pot as my black base. But I guess any black gel liner would work. On me gel liner + colour on top lasts all day w/o smudging. Some of my favourite colours on top of black are:

Blue Brown p/m
Old Gold p/m
Teal p/m
Golden Olive p/m
Humid e/s
Gorgeous Gold e/s
Vellum e/s

HTH
smiles.gif

Nemo

This sole questions of a black base has been my mission for the past 2 years, ever since I discovered MAC. I wanted a perfect black, whether it was for a full base, or an eyeliner. I have Sharkskin, and it is too grey. Blackground is wonderful for an eyeliner, but not as a base. And then I found Black Black Chromaline, and feel in LOVE!!! It is the perfect black base. It is creamy and blends out well. And just the other week we had my company Holiday party and I use the Black Black Chromaline under the Black Black pro pigment, and it was a perfect black!!! AMAZING!!!
Hope that helps!

BunnyBunnyBunny

Black eyeshadow is my FAVORITE and I have tried alot of dark bases. The best by far is this:

Putting Soft Ochre Paint Pot all over the lid, then layering Blackground Paint Pot on top of it. The Blackground is too wet and doesn't dry down enough on its own so it creases, but using SO under it corrects that.
smiles.gif

lara

swatch-blackvarious.jpg

I use Blackground if I want to add black depth without actually tinting completely dark. It polishes out beautifully to create a soft, smoky grey colour. I reach for Blacktrack most of the time; the colour really maintains its intensity and doesn't fade off blue or green.

At the moment I love doing a cross-fade smoky eye using purple over black. Similar to the design below but with a more punchy, intense look.
  • Blacktrack from lashline to socket, Bare Canvas from brow to socket with a medium blend through the colour join.
  • Apply Vellum across the inner half of the lid and blend down with a stiff brush to produce an intense foiled violet effect, Top Hat through out half and arching through the socket.
  • Blend Carbon or Endless Love through the outer 3rd to build intensity, and highlight with a warm pearl tone.
Very rock chic
smiles.gif

temp-purple.jpg

brownsuga lady

I love Blackground p/p and use it as a base when I don't want to go jet black on the eye. It has a more greyish black tone to it. When I want jet black I use blacktrack f/l as a base.