Black is beautiful.....

s33lo

Saturday night....I m getting ready with my best friend that I haven't seen for a while, she knows I just finished some makeup classes and asks me to do her makeup....I STOP, I just realized I've never done an African-American girls makeup....HELP!!!!!! how do I make these women look beautiful?

cutey.gif

benzito_714

its not hard-i mean we are already beautiful, no doubt about that. don't treat your friend's skin any different than your own. find out what she likes, try that and don't be afraid to experiment. WOC-of all colors-can rock virtually anything-just take a look at some of the FOTD's here and check out youtube videos.

Amaranth

I'm a white chick but I got tons of practice on my roomie, who is Afro-Caribbean. I was a little intimidated at first too, mainly because it was something I wasn't used to, but it's not nearly as hard as it seems. The hardest part for me was finding a highlighter for her eyes (Ricepaper worked well), and she also wanted this crazy rainbow look so I had to make the colours really pop on her lids (I just used Bare Canvas Paint to make the lids lighter...kinda the opposite of using something like Sharkskin Shadestick as a dark base for smoky eyes on us white girls). The foundation was surprisingly easy, I just started at the other end of the spectrum...so instead of starting light and going darker until I found the right shade, for her I started darkest and worked my way up. Definitely not hard at all, WoC can rock some stuff I wish I could
ssad.gif
*jealous* hahaa

And like the above poster said, WoC are already gorgeous! I used my roomie for my MAC demo and I felt like such a cheater...no matter what I did on her she was going to look beautiful...felt almost like paint-by-number but I claimed it as my own.

aleksis210

I usually use a lot of darker or vibrant colors on black women...some colors can make black skin look ashy...I def. do not recommend too light of lipgloss (opaque colors) which can give them an ashy look as well! Basically stick to rich and vibrant!