Black pencil liner for oily skin?

BadLeslie

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a long-lasting, smudge-proof black eyeliner (pencil only) that will work on oily skin. I'm on the hunt for this magical unicorn of a product for my mom who gets a bit greasy. She's been using black liner every day for years and they've all smudged pretty terribly. As far as I know, she's used Revlon Colorstay and Wet N Wild pencils consistently, but I recently gave her a UD 24/7 eye pencil in Zero and it actually smudged worse than those two ever did.

Does anyone have any recommendations for this kinda thing? Price isn't an object since this will be a gift. Has anyone had luck with MUFE Aqua Eyes liners?

Mabelle

If you've tried UD, MUFE will be no better.

Th thing is, all these pencils are waterproof, not oil proof. I mean, oil based m/u removers are what break up waterproof products. Oil eats glue.

You will need to "block" the oil first. get her to primer her lid, and do a dusting of a neutral shadow over top. For a very oil lid KVD is a very nice primer. Then her pencil, whatver it be, will have a fighting chance. Wouldnt hurt to set the pencil with a corresponding eyeshadow either.

One pencil that i have found to be very long waering and smudge resistant (better than ud and mufe imo) is stila smudge stick in stingray

shellygrrl

Staff member
I like the Stila Smudgestick as well for a higher-end option (I own the one in Peacock; it doesn't move!). For a budget alternative, Prestige Total Intensity in Deepest Black. The other thing I'd recommend, along with Mabelle's suggestion of priming the lid and adding some eyeshadow first, would be to set the eyeliner with a black eyeshadow.

BadLeslie

Thanks for the suggestions. I picked up the Prestige liner and she likes it so far though it does still smudge somewhat. I'll definitely try the Stila smudge stick if she decides she's unhappy with the Prestige liner!

coffee1

I definitely agree that setting it with shadow helps any liner last longer and not smudge- give that a try before buying a new liner!