Blackground or Sharkskin???

elegant-one

Sharkskin is going to be discontinued but seems to be a favorite color. Which would you choose, Sharkskin or Paint Pot Blackground & why.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
For me, I'd chose Blackground PP as it's creamier and easier to apply.

ditto.
I am a fan of shadesticks no more
formula is nowhere as nice as the paint pots
smiles.gif

mreichert

Sharkskin is a truer black color, but is harder to apply ESP if you have drier lids. It works best on those with oily lids.

Blackground is much easier to apply, doesn't tug on the lids, but is not as "convenient" as a shadestick. It is a dark grey-black.

If you want a true black color underneath, try blackground fluidline as a base- works really nicely! But it is REALLY black! If you use this though, you need to let set before packing on e/s- but boy, does it make colors pop! If you're not comfortable with precise application of bases on the lid, go with p/p instead of f/l.

HTH hun
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Are they close to the same color?

Thanks so much!

I guess you answered that for me Marlena while I was posting - Thanks

mreichert

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Are they close to the same color?

Thanks so much!

I guess you answered that for me Marlena while I was posting - Thanks

Pretty close- sharkskin is just a little darker.
^ whoops
smiles.gif

janelovesyou

When I swatch sharkskin and blackground they're the same exact color, so it all comes down to which medium you prefer, paint pots or shadesticks.

laguayaca

sharkskin seems a bit more shimmery to me! but sharkskin is being discontinued so dont get hooked on something thats soon long gone! they are pretty similar shadesticks are just really dry feeling as above mentioned! they do tend to tug on lids!

hunnybun

I'd go w/ blackground. for me, shadesticks are a bit clumsy to work with when you want a percise shape on your lid. with the paint pot, you can use a concealer brush or even a liner brush to create the base shape on your lid exactly how you want it.

beauty_marked

I would say they are about the same color. Blackgorund does have a little shimmer to it, but Sharkskin def has alot more. I prefer Blackground though. the texture is so nice, not super creamy and so easy to work with.

Distinque

i too prefer blackground. i think that paint pots is easier to apply with and more control with it versus a shadestick. blackground is creamier than sharkskin
smiles.gif