bleaching roots today!

fashionjunkiexx

so im going to bleach my roots (with help) using goldwell bleach, but i dont know how long i should leave it on for? has anyone else used this before? i have medium brown hair naturally, but im only doing my roots so the heat will speed it up i guess?

also have anyone here ever used wella colour fresh semi permanent colour in silver (8/81) on light blonde hair to neutralise brassiness? how long would you suggest leaving that on for?

i roughly know these things as iv bleached my hair/roots before, but i just want to double check. Better safe than sorry!

thanks to anyone who can help!

User38

Be very careful! If you have dyed hair (not clear from your post) the bleach will lighten the roots but the ends will stay the same. Are you going lighter? to what level? Also, silver tones are blue/violet based so you could wind up with blue/violet based roots!

Do check with a professional before you mess up your hair!

ashleydawn

there is not really any set timing for bleaching.... just keep checking it periodically but wiping a bit off to look at the color.

fashionjunkiexx

yeah my hairs already blonde, ive just got dark roots, so im lightening my roots to the same colour the rest of my bleached hair is then putting the semi all over. The semi i bought isnt coloured violet, its more of a pearly beige colour in the bottle , i was going to get the violet one but the girl in sallys said to get the silver one because itll neutralise the blonde without leaving a purple tint.
im going to do a small section on the underneath of my hair first, wash it dry it and see what the colours like, then if all is good il do the rest. Also for the silver colour il probably do a stand test, and leave it on the tests for different amounts of time then see which i like best
smiles.gif
i think thats probably the best thing to do, just to be on the safe side
smiles.gif