Blending...could someone give me some basics?

depecher

I tried the circular motion, but I just couldn't get it to work for me. =( I went to a class that my counter put on last Friday night. One of the trainers said to use your brush like an eraser and erase. It works for me and my blending has improved. I hope this helps.

MACGoddess

Try this... I use a brush that is the same as MAC 224 (Sonia Kashuk pointed blending brush).

For a 2 color eye with a separate crease color and a browbone highlight (4 e/s) I will start with the line between the 2 lid colors, moving from the inner eye to the outer eye, ONLY in one direction, and NOT back and forth, this will cause the e/s to become "muddy"

Then I will blend the crease color with the lid color, again usually in one direction only, but for the crease you "can" go back and forth if you want.

Then I will blend the crease with the browbone highlight color, and for this I will use circular motions very lightly and keep going until it is blended. Don't ever try to rush blending or it will come out wrong...

~LadyLocks~

I'm fairly new to MU. I mean I've been wearing it for years but lately I've really gotten into e/s and blending. I've only been using MAC because I find that their e/s's really go on smooth and are really easy to blend. I herd Urban Decay is really good also so I’m going to try some out.

Anyway about blending, my 224 brush really works wonders. Like I said, I'm new to this blending stuff also but lately I feel like a pro...lol. Practice does make perfect! The technique I usually use is first put whatever colors on the lid and with my 224 I blend the colors slightly by using a outward motion. Then for the crease color I have 3 ways of doing it depending on what look I'm going for. I either dab a bit of color in the e/s and start on the outer corner and with the brush I move it either in a half windshield wiper motion to the middle of my eyelid, or I use that same technique and do a full windshield wiper motion or, I put the crease color on with a brush similar to the 213 brush starting on the outer corner and up a little above the actual crease to the middle of my eyelid and then blend using the 224 lightly with either the windshield wiper motion of the half one I mentioned before again depending on the "look" your going for. I myself am still very new to this blending thing and I'm just letting you know what works for me but I would love to learn new techniques as well.
greengrin.gif

ska_wiking

what the exatly mean of "blend"???
blush-anim-cl.gif
i don't know the technical term yet :S And why the links doesn't wrk??
ssad.gif

Life In Return

If you take out /forum, they will work. Before, the board's URL was specktra.net/forum and now it is just specktra.net. So... if you remove /forum, all links will work.

maxcat

All good tips - the brush is key - but also I use the light color *second* - so when I do, say, panda eyes, I go in with the darkest color first and then use the lighter color to mellow it out where I want to...

dollbabybex

i think all good socket brushes blend on there own.

when i used to use cheaper brushes years ago, id spend forever trying to blend!

but now my brushes are mac, my eyeshadow blends effortlessly.

also practice, practice, practice.

i really like the socket brushes for blending like 217 224 or 225