blending question...

Designergirl9

when you are blending eyeshadows what are some tricks or tips for getting two different colors to flow together seamlessly?

Shimmer

practice
more practice
a good brush
several good brushes actually
and depending on the desired effect, either a sweeping motion or a swirling motion will do well.
smiles.gif

Designergirl9

I have a few good brushes but I was thinking about getting the mac 217 blending brush...whats the best overall blending brush?

BlahWah

One trick I'm trying out is using a lighter colour of one of the two I'm using and just lightly blending it where the two should meet. e.g. If I'm doing Sunplosion on the inner lid and Kelly Green on the outer, I'll use Melon pigment or Orange Tangent e/s in the middle a bit to "flow" Sunplosion over. Other pairings are Violet pigment and Kitschmas/Lovely Lily pigment, Chocolate Brown pigment and Tan pigment, Steamy e/s and Aquadisiac/Hypnotique (LE unfortunately)...those are the ones I've used recently (my collection isn't that big yet =P).

Lastly, definitely 2nd getting a good brush...I only have the 217, definitely looking to get the 224 cuz others have talked about it. HTH!

holliedavis

I have several different brushes for blending, and I often use my pinkie finger to blend the upper crease and brow highlight color. You have to just practice, find your own style... and discover what works best for you.

bellaetoile

i really love the 217, and even the 272 sometimes, for blending. the 272 isn't really a common blending favorite, though, i don't think, so it really just depends on your habits and how you like to blend. a lot of people talk about the 222 and 224, and i can't stand either of them, lol. i have them both, and never use them. so its really just what you get used to..