Blonde to Dark Brown - Makeup modifications?

Kat

Hi everyone!

After work today I am making the big leap from very blonde hair to a dark warm brown (something a little closer to my natural colour - change is as good as a holiday!). I am NC25 in Studio Fix Powder with green/hazel eyes.

If anyone out there has done a similar thing, I was wondering what kind of modifications you've made to the makeup you wear that you've found useful/successful.
hmm.gif

I'm already looking forward to getting me some Dollymix blush, which previously was just too much on me!
cheerleader.gif

I have a pretty good mix of colours and neutrals - about 60 shadows, and mocha, dame, peachtwist, trace gold, and flirt n tease blush. Also New Vegas, Petticoat and Glissade MSFs and I plan to get Shimpagne when it's re released. Lipstick stuff wise I don't have stacks but have most colours 'families' in gloss and lipstick.

Kat

Hawkeye

It's really what your makeup style is like. Mine is very minimal (I have similar coloring) but when I do use a smokey eye I find that I can pull it off a lot better etc.
smiles.gif
What is your usual makeup look?

Kat

Hawkeye - I have a lot of bright colours, which I tend to use a lot in combination with a neutral so I can wear them to work eg. bronze and shimmermoss. I won't pack the brights on though, unless I've decided to go out all for a night out or something.

My lips are usually quite neutral (hug me l/s, all woman l/g, dreamy l/g, unless I do a red lip in which case I do a neutral or light grey eye.

I don't go too heavily on my cheeks usually - but I'm secretly hoping I'll be able to be a little more liberal now
winks.gif

Hawkeye

Gotchya.
smiles.gif
With the brighter colors you can wear them regardless of the hair color- you may find that you can get away with a little bit more color because of the darker hair.

And the blush, I think you will be able to get away with wearing more color
greengrin.gif

Kat

This is excellent news. Dollymix here I come. And Peachtwist - no longer am I frightened by your pigmentation! mwhaha!

pumpkincat210

I have the same coloring as you and i went from dark blonde to dark brown. Pinks never looked better on me, lol. I also look more dramatic with most of my looks for some reason. I love dollymix and peachtwist too.

Kat

Pinks hey....intriguing. Barbie Loves Mac will be out here on March 5....seems I might have to take a closer look than I was anticipating!

Hawkeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
I have the same coloring as you and i went from dark blonde to dark brown. Pinks never looked better on me, lol. I also look more dramatic with most of my looks for some reason. I love dollymix and peachtwist too.

really? Pinks looked a lot better on me and the colors never looked really dramatic on me either. Hmmmmmmm

I guess it just goes to show that you really do have to try stuff on for yourself. *shrugs*
smiles.gif

hmm.gif

Kat

Nikkilicious - candy/raspberry pink. Frightening in the pan but lovely on the cheeks. Makeupalley has great reviews that describe it.

readyformycloseup

That's my coloring and I tend to lean towards really sultry looks. Lulu purple, bronzey browns, warm colors, golds and peaches. Peach l/s & blush is my fave colors. I tend to stay pretty neutral though. OMG Shimpagne is wonderful, it's a must have in my opinion. I hear that the re-release version isn't exactly that same as the original though, I'm not sure on that though! I hope you love your new do!!