Blotting/Touch ups on the go!

Mandy4610

When you bring along your blot powder pressed in your purse for touch ups, what do you use to apply it?
I bought a Too faced retractable Kabuki, but I am not 100% satisfied with it so please recommend something.

TIA

alka1

I use my baby kabuki, the 181 brush. It was LE but if you can still get one I definitely recommend it! It's as soft as the 182, but a lot smaller and perfect for on-the-go.

LMD84

i'm all about a mini pop up kabuku. i just have a no name brand one that i got from superdrug. i prefer pop up ones so that i know it won't get dirty in my make up bag!

spectrolite

^I blot with blot tissue and then use a cheap #187 dupe that I bought at a department store with pressed powder
smiles.gif

Mandy4610

Thanks everyone, I bought the ecotools retractable kabuki, so now I have that and the Too Faced retractable Kabuki. I can't decide which one to keep
th_confused_new.gif
Anyone have thoughts on these two?

Mandy4610

Thanks ladies. I think I am getting closer and closer to making up my mind.
I have decided that the ecotools brush, wonderful feeling as it maybe, is not for me I just don't like the outer case thingy, it feels way too cheap and it is a bit squeaky, I don't want to go cheap and then have to replace it in a few months, that to me is a waste of money.

The too faced Kabuki, is super duper cute, I like it, but I have to justify having it at that price. I think it is great for travel, but I am not sure it is great for daily touch ups.

The puffs work well, but I am not sure about keeping them in the compact powder thing. The oils on it goes on the powder and creates a gross crust

Anyway, now I am deciding between the Too Faced Kabuki and the Puffs

Vlcatko

I switch between TF Kabuki, Flatbuki and MAC SE blush brush (the one that always comes with holiday brush sets) - it depends if I have my bigger make up bag with me (Kabuki, blush brush) or just my touch up "kit"
winks.gif

I prefer either the Kabuki or blush brush as the Flatbuki is kinda small... But if it's all I have it serves well enough... Better than those puffs with all those bacterias :p

If I may ask - how does the TF Kabuki not work for you? Does it shed, shifts your makeup?...

Mandy4610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlcatko
I switch between TF Kabuki, Flatbuki and MAC SE blush brush (the one that always comes with holiday brush sets) - it depends if I have my bigger make up bag with me (Kabuki, blush brush) or just my touch up "kit"
winks.gif

I prefer either the Kabuki or blush brush as the Flatbuki is kinda small... But if it's all I have it serves well enough... Better than those puffs with all those bacterias :p

If I may ask - how does the TF Kabuki not work for you? Does it shed, shifts your makeup?...

I really like the TF Kabuki, I just think it is not convinient enough compared to the puff which I can carry inside the powder, hence reducing clutter in my purse. When I want to use it, the process is not as easy and fast compared to the puff. Does that make sense?
I still have it and I am still trying it and wanting it to work better for me, but we will see, so far I am really liking how convinient the puffs are.
I don't want to hang on to a brush that I am not using as much, especially one that costs $30

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy4610
The puffs work well, but I am not sure about keeping them in the compact powder thing. The oils on it goes on the powder and creates a gross crust

Anyway, now I am deciding between the Too Faced Kabuki and the Puffs

i use the puff that comes with it, and replace it when needed.

to prevent the crust, store your puff face up, so the part that touches your face is facing up. that way the oils aren't transferring onto the powder.

jazmatazz

I have a Sonia Kashuk Travel Kabuki brush from Target. It's retractable and costs $17.99. It works really well and is small.

At first I was hesitant since it's pricey, but I use it every day so it's been well worth it.

mufey

I just use a small blush brush I bought from ecotools, perfect for handbag touchups. I think kabukis apply blot powder a bit too heavily.