Blue Pigment

mac_obsession

oy vey Ive been slacking. Sorry guys.

First - marty precautions are as follows: Not safe for the lip area.

Now, Pics I think I have them somewhere hmmm...

oldvsnewbluepigment.jpg

Each color was swiped twice, from the lid with a finger not a brush...so I hope that shows the difference...

Sanne

thanks for the pic Jan! I think it's weird that blue always flashes oceanblue, while the color is very simular to freshwater e/s

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbombchelle
where can i find the old blue?

ebay is your best bet for that. Its d/c and Ive never seen one anywhere other than ebay..

eco

Blue Pigment (old vs. rebelrock?)

I was just wondering if anyone knows what collection the original Blue pigment was from? I have this one and I was also curious as to how it's different from the rebel rock one?

carol

I don't know what collection the original Blue was from, but I hear that it's a smoother than the RR blue and perhaps a little more ... blue-looking.

mymymai

I don't know the collection either, but the original blue takes only one application to get the same vibrance of 3-4 swipes of RR Blue.

eco

thanks for the replies! the original blue really is an AWESOME color.... a teeny bit goes a loooong way!

Sti43

Original Blue Pigment, when was this DC?

I found one at CCO today and was wondering when this was DC. Thanks
smiles.gif

lsperry

Re: Original Blue Pigment, when was this DC?

I don't know. I got one in a swap w/a Specktra member and the date on the bottom of mine is A55. What's the date on yours?

csuthetaphi

I believe the original Blue pigment was DC'd in the Spring of 2004 (along with Green, Maroon, White, etc.). A few months ago I called the "Gone but not Forgotten" Program to see if they could find a jar for me. They said it had been DC'd for more then 2 years, so they could not search for it.

The jar of Blue you found could be original Blue, or from the Rebel Rock collection, where they repromoted the color in 2005, I believe. It depends on the batch number at the bottom of the jar.

Sti43

Makes sense. All it says on the box is "blue" and the batch number is A55. Just was wondering when this was DCed since I found it at CCO. THanks
greengrin.gif

prinzessin784

Yup the original was 2004 and the Rebel Rock one has the batch number you found, which makes sense because I've seen it around a lot. For some reason it wasn't very popular the second time around!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
.....because I've seen it around a lot. For some reason it wasn't very popular the second time around!

The fact that this pigment didn't sell like crazy kind of puzzles me. I know there are similar shadows and all, but I figured the "wow" factor of a discontinued pigment being rereleased would have it flying of the shelves.