Blue Stain on my 217 and Blue Water from my 109

coquetayloca

So I washed my brushes this morning and I have noticed that there is a blue stain on my 217. It has been around a bit faint for a while, but now its bigger. I also put my brushes on a white paper towel and wrapped them up in my brush roll bc I was doing my first bridal trial today at work (yay me!). When I opened up my roll there was a big blue water mark around where the 109 was. I was just like wtf? I'm sure they die the brushes black, so it might just be some die on the 109, but I've had this brush for a while and washed it numerous times. I have been using baby shampoo on them. I don't understand what is staining my 217 tho... Its obviously white hair and I haven't used any blue eye shadow in a while. I am curious as to what is going on. The stain starts pretty much at the barrel and goes all the way down. I tried taking pictures to show you guys but they didn't turn out so good. You can barely see it...

IMG_4068.jpg

IMG_4067.jpg

IMG_4066.jpg

gildedangel

Hmm, that's strange. Have you tried using an alcohol-based cleaner? (Kinda like the MAC brush cleanser).

User38

when you wash it do you lay it flat and let it air dry, or maybe you have let it lay upside down? either way, if it is staining from inside the barrell it might be defective due to the black dye from the wood handle bleeding into the hair? don't know but I would return it.

erine1881

it sounds like its the dye from the 109 seeping into the hairs of the 217. the hairs are absorbing the dye and traveling down towards the ferrule. its not recommended to use shampoo to clean your brushes in the first place, but whatever (it takes longer to dry which increases bleeding). when they're still wet, do not wrap em up in anything. they need to lay flat to dry, with the hairs hanging over the edge of the counter. wait until they're completely dry before storing them in anything.

there's nothing wrong with your 217 (or 109) and there's no reason to return/exchange it.

II3rinII

^^ i concur with erin. the blue stain is from the black hair dye, i still have brushes that bleed a bit when i wash them. try washing all your black bristle brushes together and all your white ones together. dont wrap them up while wet, they can smell kind of mildew-ey when you do that. hanging them off a counter will allow them to dry prperly without smushing down one side. unfortunatly the stain wont come out since its dye, i have a big blue splotch on my #168.