Blush Recommendations for 60++-yo

sagehen

Want to buy a gift for my godmother. She does not know a lot of mu brands and does not wear blush often, but I wanted to give her some choice. I am fine buying several MAC items, but the color selection is better with LaFemme. She is NC45-ish for reference. I would like to buy a 4-pan palette, 4 shades and a nice brush. I can do that with pro brands very easily (LaFemme, Ben Nye). She hinted that she would like a selection, and I just feel like a palette is so much easier to carry around. And I can't find 6 blushes I would like for her in MAC's selections. She does not want shimmer and is not down with the dramatic look. She is NC45-ish for reference. I am torn between quality / ease of transport and brand recognition for her. She knows where to buy MAC, and worse coming to worst, could pretty easily get herself to a MAC store nearby to replenish her pans. Although I don't think she would ever need to. She could experiment more with the pro brands but would not do that without me - she would think it's a hassle. I am thinking about: MAC: Desert Rose Fever (less dramatic than Frankly Scarlet - that would scare her right out of the pan) Burnt Pepper Raisin and two others to fill up a palette LaFemme: Senna Cinnabar Brick Red (or Redwood) Russet looking at my own lists MAC has more diverse color options sans shimmer. And a nice brush. Some angled blush brush with black bristles. She must have black bristles. Any guidance ladies?

Beryl

For the 50+ I find that the darker colors are too harsh. I am 53 myself . In menopause skin get sensitive so very soft blush brushes are a plus.
Personally I like a little glimmer/sparkle in my blush but very sparingly.Maybe your godmother does not want shimmer because she remembers what shimmer used to be like in blushes of the 60s and 70s .The shimmer blushes today I find are different and wearable for us older women.

makeba

I would recommended gingerly coppertone sincere these are very pretty non shimmer soft colors that will wake up the skin and not be over powering. I hope this helps