Blush rec's...I emailed MAC but I'm not satisfied...

ShadowyLady

I'm looking for a blush to wear with my everyday face. Previously Blushbaby was OK but since I've switched to a paler foundation shade, it looks too muddy/dirty. I'm NC15/NC20. Here's my everyday stuff:

-Era eyeshadow
-Phone Number eye kohl
-Blankety mixed with Plink! lipsticks
-Subculture liner

I have Blushbaby (too muddy), Cubic (too brown), and Tenderling (almost right...a bit dull). I want something that will be bright but not too bright, still neutral. I emailed MAC and they suggested Blossoming blush creme but I'm too lazy to mess with a creme. I wish they had mentioned several items instead of just one! Another concern is that the blush looks right next to my lip combo...I usually try to match my lip shades to my cheek shades. Any ideas? I wish they'd make a shimmery neutral pink beige blush...

lovejam

Does it absolutely have to be shimmery? Because one of my favorite everyday-type blushes is Cute. Just a sheer pink, not boring, and very easy to layer if it's too sheer for you. I'm pale too, so I just do one layer and it looks nice and natural. Also, Pinch O' Peach is good. It's my other favorite. Neither one is shimmery by itself, but if I want shimmer, I just put a sheer layer of something shimmery over them, like an MSF or something.

Hope that helps!

P.S. I have Bare Venus, which is like Blankety, and I find that Cute works nicely with it. Cute's pretty versatile, so I recommend it.

P.P.S. If you did want to check out blushcremes (which you can just apply with your fingers and that's pretty easy), Lilicent is a good neutral beigey-pink. I've used it before, and it looks nice. The MA had put too much on me (she used a brush), so I sheered it out with my fingers and it looked fantastic after that.
smiles.gif

brandiisamonkey

I love dollymix, it looks really intimidating but it goes on pretty sheer... I think it looks good on just about anybody!

joytheobscure

I wear Prism quite a bit it was my "first" mac purchase ever, its worn out and down with no lid and four years old--- its the best blush - but I never bought a lot of blushes up until I discovered that I like different blush looks. I wore prism every day for two years....until the makeupboards found me and fed the obsession, lol.