Blush Storage... maybe I'm being paranoid?

singer92286

Alright, so, I've started accumulating various MAC blushes (creams and powders) and I want to depot them and put them in a blush palette. I only have 5, but I'm worried that if I mix my cream blushes with my powder blushes in the same palette, the cream ones might get ruined from the little flakes of powder that always escape and float around.

Am I being totally insane? Should I just suck it up and not worry and put them in the same palette? I don't want to spend the money on two because I don't see myself ever having 12 blushes. Or, should I just forget about it and keep them in their little pots like they already are. What do you do with yours?

Any advice? Thanks in advance
smiles.gif

newagetomatoz

No, I think you have a valid concern. I don't own any cream blushes in pan form (pot), but I know that when I swipe my blush brush over them, there is fall-out in the pan. Also, I've seen in the Clearance Bin, where people are selling face palettes, that they note that some of the eyeshadow/blush has gotten into the cream product.

Maybe you should get a palette for wahatever kind you have more of and make it exclusively cream or powder blushes. And maybe later get a second palette for the other kind? HTHS!

Mabelle

i have a cream in with my powder blushes. There is some fall out into the cream, but its not a big deal for me. When i apply the cream one (which i dont often) i just get the teeniest hint of another colour

knoxydoll

This may sound weird but you can cut out little circles of Glad Press n' Seal seran wrap that are a little bigger then the pan size and put them over top to keep the blush creams clean.

singer92286

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
This may sound weird but you can cut out little circles of Glad Press n' Seal seran wrap that are a little bigger then the pan size and put them over top to keep the blush creams clean.

Great idea!! I definitely might have to try this one out if I get a blush palette!!

hotmodelchiq

DO NOT DO THIS!!! you were right for being paranoid!!! I did it and thats exactly what happened So now I have seperated pals for cream blush and reg blush

cmonster

I don't depot mac blushes of any kind unless I have too. I mainly use the palette to store my NYX mosaics.

.i.hart.MAC.

^^ what do you mean by cry out??
i have heard that if you try to depot cream blushes they melt using the straightner method...

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_cakes
Not exactly related but do you girls find that the depotted cream blushes cry out in a palette?

do you mean dry out?

mine don't. its just like the cream blushes at the counter. they're exposed to air and don't dry out.

i keep all my cream blushes in a different palette from my powder blushes.