Bobbi Brown is STILL not olive enough!

jenee.sum

Hey guys!

I posted a thread more than a month ago in MAC Chat about my NC25/30 being not olive/golden enough. I'm Chinese, and i do have an olive undertone. NC25/30 use to work great for me, but since this summer, i don't know what it is, but maybe cuz i tanned A LOT (got to an NC35), i got extremely olive and golden. Even as i lightened up (i'm an NC25 now), that mega olive/golden undertone is still there. I got some advice to go to Bobbi Brown to check out their foundations, but still no luck. Under sunlight, their foundations were still too pink on me. I have another gf who has the same problem as me, cept she is extremely olive/golden naturally. Do any of you have an extremely olive/golden undertone? - I need help and i've run outta sources. Nars didn't work either, and I'm not even going to check drugstore/mass marketed brands, cuz they're usually pink as hell.

I don't know if this problem is temporary or if it's here to stay. What to dooooo??
ssad.gif

TIA!

EDIT: I also tried Estee Lauder. No luck.

Almond_Eyed

I have the same problem, I use a MAC NC30 concealer but it is really yellow compared to my olive undertones.

I tried samples of MUFE HD Liquid Foundation in #123 and MUFE Face and Body Foundation in #34 and they're a perfect match. MUFE has a really good selection of shades for different undertones so I'm sure you'll find a match.

HTH

jenee.sum

^^^ thx. my skin has an olive undertone, but it's also really golden. i dunno how to explain. so even when i do get foundation with an olive tone, it still is too pink on me. whereas your NC concealer looks yellow on you, it's pink on me.
th_dunno.gif

bartp

it might not be the ideal texture of a foundation, but why not try:
- full coverage in the C - range
or
- studio fix powder in the C range
If you use full coverage with a buffer brush you still get a medium coverage result. The colours might be what you are looking for.

Mac also has a Set powder in the pro range called "soft yellow" that always a good option to tone down any residual redness in a foundation.

bartp

just to avoid any confusion.. don't go for the NC range. In those two products there is a just-C range.

ForgetRegret

I'd suggest looking at MUFE or Illamasqua. They've both got a wide range of colors...if none of those work, or aren't an option, the only other suggestion I could make would be to use a foundation that works the best, even if it's still a little too pink, and then apply a more yellow-based powder over top...GL sweetie!

Shadowy Lady

Did you try the MUFE HD line? I think the 120 should match you based on your description of your undertones.

jenee.sum

thanks a lot guys! I have a day off soon, so I'm gunna check out the C range, MUFE HD, and that set powder in soft yellow looks really promising considering my MSFN is so damn pink!

I have face and body in C2, but it's a little light for me right now. I hate full coverage, cuz i tend to look cakey, so I'll prolly check a darker face and body in the C's.

Thanks again!!

jenee.sum

Ok so I went to MAC again, and i saw C35 in Studio Fix powder. The MA tested it on my chest and it looked perfect, but when i got home and tried it out on my face, it was MUCH better than my NC shade, but it still has a bit of pink in it. CRAZY!!!!!! stuck in a rut!
thmbdn.gif

kimmy

when i'm not pale a ghost, i have the same problem you're having. even when i am pale, almost all foundations look pink on me because i have goldish olive undertones. tanning seems to make them even more pronounced for me, so when i used to tan i usually just wore translucent powder.

have you tried any mineral makeup lines? if you're open to mineral powders, they might be perfect for you since most brands carry them in a variety of different shades/undertones and you can easily mix them with other powders to make your perfect shade.

otherwise, you should check out origins next of skin foundation. i used to wear it when i was in high school, and they had a shade that mimicked my undertones perfectly.
smiles.gif

zoey223

I use BB Beige when my skin is light, but I have the same problem. I'm caucasian, have very olive undertones and have a hard time matching up. Foundation matching is a total PITA for me.

I custom-mixed MAC NC30 Mineralize with MAC NC25 Sutdio Finish and Laura Mercier Illuminating TM in Golden and then blend the crap out of it to get a decent match.