Bobbi Brown LE Pink Satin ($$$)

SparklingWaves

One of the many companies that I am a huge fan of is Bobbi Brown, I got an email of the new Limited Edition called Pink Satin today. I was excited to see the new colors & to see there was a new metallic eye shadow compact. Oh, how I have enjoyed the past limited edition metallic eye shadows. They are exceptionable.

However, I noticed a problem with this edition. At least, it is for me. There are these nice little brushes, lip glosses set with the eye shadow set. Of course, there is the pouch for the brushes. This whole set is $140.00.

To me, that is steep and I don't get to pick and choose. I thought the Limited Edition Metallics were pushing it at $45.00 each. This is way over the line for me. Maybe for others is a drop in the bucket.

Now, I am saddened.
ssad.gif
I might have gotten the eye shadows, but I am not putting down that much cash for a bunch of stuff that I don't need. I sure as heck am not going to pay $78+ for just the e/s on ebay.

Sorry BB. I am not a celebrity. I am Sparkling Waves and I am on a makeup budget.

Bobbi Brown Cosmetics ::NEW Pink Satin Set: Modern Elegance

Trista

I got this e-mailed to me too. The price is too much for me now (especially after all my MAC and MUFE spending
winks.gif
). I've spent a lot of money on makeup before but only the eyshadows in this collection are catching my attention. They should sell the items separately IMO. I won't be pruchasing this.

Simply Elegant

Wow that's a lot. The stuff in it is really nice though.

I find it funny that there's a limit of 6. I don't know who'd need all of that even including gifts for others.

SparklingWaves

Thanks. I was thinking it was me. I mean. Whoa! $$$

Where I live, they would add $12.25 in tax. So, that would be $152.25 for one.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant

I find it funny that there's a limit of 6. I don't know who'd need all of that even including gifts for others.

I sure as heck can't afford six sets.
shockt.gif
I know. I saw that button to add. I was thinking, "Add?" Geesh, I can't afford one. LOL

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
I tend to dislike kits like this, I'd rather be able to pick and choose what I want.

It's all locked up together. I don't like that either. Personally, I never buy gloss in the fashion of that compact. That's just me.

As for the brushes, I don't need it. Those are very nice.

I would look at those eye shadows. That's all I would consider. I can't get it, because it's all tied up with price - $140.00 Can I say that again? It's $140.00 without tax.

I fueled up my truck last night and it was $65.00!
shockt.gif
I thought that pump was never going to stop taking $$$. Don't get me started about the rest of my bills that are going up too.

So, I am defiantly not putting down $140.00 on basically three eye shadows. That's all that I would use out of that set.

Yeah, a devil's advocate would say - "You could give the other parts to friends or relatives as gifts." I don't have the money for it devil.

Good night, I haven't lost my mind yet. I am getting very realistic here.

Why did Bobbi Brown do this to me? I am a huge fan? Why BB? Why?

(For someone else that needs everything there, I guess; it's a good deal. ???)

Trista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant

OMG I didn't even notice they set a limit to 6. I can't even afford one for myself much less give out this many to my friends! LOL.

shadowaddict

Same here, I got the email and I love the shadow but I am SO not paying that for a set I don't even want. May be it won't sell and they'll break it down. Not, I'm sure people will buy it.

liv

Yeah....no. Bobbi Brown's stuff has never really done much for me, except I do like her seasonal collections. They are out of my price range however, and I don't like the snooty ladies at my BB counter, so I rarely venture over there for long.
This is very pretty, but, as SparklingWaves said, I really don't like gloss/lipstick in palettes. Call me lazy, but I would just rather apply from a stick or a tube than use a lipbrush, compact, mirror, and a steady hand. I don't like sticking my fingers in gloss either, so...that's out.
And I love the portability, but you might as well get a Trish McEvoy planner and choose your own makeup to pack it with. Furthermore, the eyeshadows look a lot like some Stila shades I already own (the picture is small, but they remind me of Oasis/Puck (or a lightly applied Slate)/Heather(or Cassia).

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv
Yeah....no. Bobbi Brown's stuff has never really done much for me, except I do like her seasonal collections. They are out of my price range however, and I don't like the snooty ladies at my BB counter, so I rarely venture over there for long.
This is very pretty, but, as SparklingWaves said, I really don't like gloss/lipstick in palettes. Call me lazy, but I would just rather apply from a stick or a tube than use a lipbrush, compact, mirror, and a steady hand. I don't like sticking my fingers in gloss either, so...that's out.
And I love the portability, but you might as well get a Trish McEvoy planner and choose your own makeup to pack it with. Furthermore, the eyeshadows look a lot like some Stila shades I already own (the picture is small, but they remind me of Oasis/Puck (or a lightly applied Slate)/Heather(or Cassia).

Yes, the seasonal stuff is really nice. Those metallics were a real hit with me.

No, I don't like sticking my finger in gloss either. I sure as heck am not going to want to stick my finger in a very expensive gloss. I don't want to have to pull out a brush and swab it into that cube over and over again to get gloss out of it.

BB could have made some cash off of me, but NO. She had to go down BAD street with this all or nothing thing.

Maybe someone at her company said - "Even if we sell X amount of these, we are doing really good."
choochoo.gif

Don't worry. I am going to write to Ms. BB.
greengrin.gif