Body Painting, how can I learn?

jenavii

Hello All,

I really want to get into body painting..but don't know where to start. How can I learn?

TIA

jenavii

<bump>
th_dunno.gif
Anyone?

User49

Sometimes Mac do masterclasses. It might be worth writing to them to see if any events are happening around you. Most college courses that do make up cover a small portion of body painting. If you have any mac pro stores around you ask the artist there where they learnt or if they might know anyone who could show you...? xx

jenavii

Well MAC is having a Air Brushing class on Oct 26th, and I'm planning on attending (((
yahoo.gif
))). But I want learn some actual body painting..

rt66chix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenavii
Well MAC is having a Air Brushing class on Oct 26th, and I'm planning on attending (((
yahoo.gif
))). But I want learn some actual body painting..

I was interested in body painting classes as well, and I found one that was being conducted by Kryolan, but it passed already. Unfortunately I was working that weekend so it was a literal no-go for me
ssad.gif
. From what I remember, the class was about 500 dollars and it included a kryolan kit.
I went back to the site to doublecheck it, but there's no more dates listed for bodypainting in particular.

jenavii

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt66chix
I was interested in body painting classes as well, and I found one that was being conducted by Kryolan, but it passed already. Unfortunately I was working that weekend so it was a literal no-go for me
ssad.gif
. From what I remember, the class was about 500 dollars and it included a kryolan kit.
I went back to the site to doublecheck it, but there's no more dates listed for bodypainting in particular.

Well thanks anyways! This is what i found KRYOLAN - Schedule, 2008

Anyone know of any other classes??

aleksis210

You could sign up for henna classes, it's basically the same thing but using henna instead of body paint...I'm sure you'd learn a lot!

MelodyKat

the best bet is ask around and write to websites that sell bodypaint. i kinda learned from another makeup artist....if you have a MAC PRO store near you stop in and ask about paint sticks and chroma cakes...they are much easier to use than jumping into airbrush. Paradise AQ is also another nice paint to use...it comes in a pan form like the chroma cakes and you activate it with a wet brush...I say attack it and play and practice on friends......good luck!

jenavii

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksis210
You could sign up for henna classes, it's basically the same thing but using henna instead of body paint...I'm sure you'd learn a lot!

Well i've been searching for some henna classes as well!

Thanks for all your help guys.
thmbup.gif