kristabella

estee lauder
elizabeth arden
bobbi brown
clarins
shiseido (their advertising put me off
th_confused_new.gif
)

i'm only just starting to be more interested in Clinique (since they overhaulled their packaging & image)
only use base products from Laura Mercier & Chanel. can't even get into Chanel lipglosses
icon_eek.gif

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Clinique ( Don't get me started here )

Mary Kay

Bobbi Brown ( ESP there foundations )

Hard Candy ( might as well be Wet and Wild )

stila ( there eyeshadows are CRAP .. )

speakerpunk

I don't even bother looking at:
EL
Origins
EA
Clinique

I just can't get past the stigma of EL being old ladyish, and Clinique being...IdunnobutirefusetopurchaseanythingICK
smiles.gif

baby_love

MAYBELINE! they test on animals for no damn reason, plus the colors are NOT pretty, the mascaras are very sticky and the lipsticks just rub off. I'm not a big fan.

Bobbi Brown-ok, I LOVe the brushes, I have like 4 or 5 of them, but they have VERY VERY neutral colors, and I'm not into that.

lancome-boh-ring. except the nice smelling juicy tubes :)

the only brands I buy are MAC, Stila and Benefit. I used to be upsessed with benefit.

devilgirl17

Stila (Their eyeshadows look like they would crumble if I look at them wrong)
Clinique (Had a few lippies, eh)
Avon (no pigmentation, basically crap)
Revlon (While I generally have no problem buying drugstore, this stuff never works for me)
Tarte (It looks okay, but the glosses seem really sheer and I could probably find the e/s colors elsewhere)
Sephora (besides my one lippie, crap)
Bobbi Brown (Who wants their face to be all one color, brown or rosy brown?)
Vincent Longo (i tried one foundation, it left a rash. I'm not trying anything else).

I like MAC (quickly becoming my favorite), Benefit, NARS, Wet n Wild, Milani, or Rimmel for drugstore.

professionaltart

i think i dont like makeup lines with bad packaging or "normal" colors that dont jump out at me. estee lauder and chanel (aside from glossimers) remindme of my mom and like urban decay and hard candy seem real like...i dunno..childish? the colors arent as bright as they look and i hate the packaging. no bobbi brown no clinque no trish.

no natural looking makeup lines but i do love NARs

laa_cat

probably drugstore stuff besides mascara... but recently i do love my L'oreal color juice lipgloss.

pinksugar21

clinique, drugstore eyeshadow like wet'n'wild, and milani (I always end up throwing or swapping anything I get from drugstores.

Sushi_Flower

Hard Candy looks like the stuff you get in 5yr old kids lucky dips and Estee Lauder just seems over packaged and Clinique seems so cold and clinic-y! (that's probably the point with the white coats etc).

breeps

Most drugstore lines though I've found a few great buys (Neutrogena MoistureShine glosses). Trish is too gimicky and the products are just so so, Lola is over-packaged and poor quality, UD is incredibly ugly but I like a few shadows (Blunt, YDK), screw Stiila (blahest major line besides Bobbi Brown) :p Clinique grosses me out as do Prescriptives and EL and Chanel ... They hit their target markets but haven't ever caught my eye.

Everyone's knocking on Sephora so I just wanted to say .. LOVE the slim eye liners. These are awesome!

AprilBomb

The only one that really sticks out in my mind is Estee Lauder. It's the only make-up I've ever had an allergic reaction to. Bleck. Also, way over-priced.

libra14

I use Origins products every single day. A lot of you seem to dislike this brand but I love it. It started with the smell, it's very pleasing to me. I also use estee lauder's foundation and idealist products. They made a HUGE improvement in my skin.
I can't get into Stila, Benefit, Chanel, or Lancome. I won't use anything that tests on animals either.

lovemichelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilBomb
The only one that really sticks out in my mind is Estee Lauder. It's the only make-up I've ever had an allergic reaction to. Bleck. Also, way over-priced.

I was thinking Estee Lauder too. I see some of their stuff online and then check it out at the counter and it just doesn't look appealing.

I also really don't like Clinique, but love their eyebrow pencil.

pumpkincat210

i'd have to say Clinique..except for golden lynx and starstruck e/s. I guess its partly to do with the fact its my mother's favorite brand.

kimmy

chanel really doesn't do anything for me. neither does estee lauder.

i'm not sure why though...maybe it's just the price. but something about those two brands really just doesn't get it.