bras...

righteothen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura
I'm a 32D-DD depending on the bra...they are NOT uniform from ANY company.

It is impossible to find something with the right cup size, size around the ribs, and straps. I have to get them home and alter them...mostly just the straps or the around the ribs part...

But finding something tha tdoesnt look old ladyish is another problem hahahaha...I dont WANT nude bras. kthxBAI

Hehe, I hear ya. I have four little piles of bras. Nudes for dressing up, white shirts, and work. Darks for black tops, and work. Sports. And then the fun pile, with lace, and strange colors, push ups... you know, the weekend pile ^_^.

Never think that you (as in a person) can't sew enough to alter something. Take a class if you feel very insecure, play with some clothing that you were going to throw out anyway, and just have fun. Once you get some confidence, clothing that's a little too baggy in one place, or a strap that's too long will never intimidate you again. Not saying don't use an alterer, there are some times you don't want to mess with accidents (like an expensive suit), but for things that people either won't care, or won't see, a little alteration at home can turn a sale into a find ^_^.

righteothen

Sorry to double post, but I just remembered something from my wedding. If you need a strapless bra, but they keep falling down, or turning outward at the top, think about adding some snaps to the bra, and to the top/dress. You can take the bra out, and even use it for multiple items of clothing, and you'll never have to worry about it falling again (as long as the dress or top fits snuggly). This works great for tops that have straps, but low backs, as well.

Thought that might help someone ^_^.

MsCocoa

When I needed a strapless bra for an occasion I got measured and the woman actually recommended me a different size to what I really was a for a better fit and I had no problems. So my advice, is get talking with an expert and try on the bra first.

Cosmopolitics

I stumbled across a great find at Dillard's, of all places.

They carry a bra line that has a 30 band and go up to a C. So those of us who are of smaller proportion can actually wear a bra without the damn back riding up to the shoulder blades because we've been forced to wear 32's, or the straps sliding down because the band's too big.

Now if we can take on the market for wider availability of larger-cup sizes and smaller band sizes, then maybe 80% of women wouldn't be wearing the wrong size bra.

It's motivated me enough to want to learn how to make my own bras.