bridal make up ??'s Trends? Dos? Don'ts?

kcrae

I am getting married in about 2 weeks and I was just wondering if I could get some general recs about bridal make-up- specifically, eyes and lips.

I am leaning toward a less conservative look- that is, maybe a little color/shimmer, rather than nudes/nuetrals. My wedding is a small group of 20 in vegas, so a bit less formal.

I am a C3 with green-hazel eyes.

Any thoughts or tips is greatly appreciated!

rouquinne

i always recommend eyeliner when friends who are getting married ask me about makeup. it helps the eyes look defined in photos.

what about a purple smoky eye?

liv

Tightlining your upper lash line (the waterline) really helps your lashline look fuller without looking like a lot of eyeliner. You just have to be careful to let it dry and you might have to clean up your lower waterline if it smudges when you blink.

I think that if you can rock red lips, that would be a pretty look paired with nicely lined eyes with nude shimmery e/s that isn't *too* conservative, but you won't look back and have a "what was I thinking!" moment.

thelilprincess

if you are planning to have pictures in B&W as well as color, note that red lipstick will look nearly black in B&W photos. i want all types of pictures - color, B&W, sepia, etc so i plan on very neutral makeup, with my eyes standing out. not nude lips - that might look too washed out, but maybe pinky beige or peachy beige - something with a little color.

me_jelly

You can try a softer/more subtle smokey if you want a less conservative look - a little shimmer is fine but do remember that lots of shimmer rarely looks great in photos.

I'd still keep your lips a shade of rosy pink or soft peach since that tends to show up the best in pictures (color or black/white/grey). And I agree with tightlining, it'll really make your eyes more defined without going overboard.

j_absinthe

Like those above me have already said, it's good to be aware of different types of photography (color, B+W, sepia, etc.)

A colored smoky eye might suit you well (green or teal perhaps), with some nice glossy lips. Not nude, just something that coordinates with the color you choose for your eyes. A red that's too dark can make them look small and black, and a nude lip can wash them out or make them look cheap.

Beauty Mark

Most brides I've seen go for classic, natural looks. Flushed cheeks, rosy lips, defined eyes. I don't know what's the best, but I think the logic is 50 years from now, you won't look back and cringe because you went with something trendy vs. something classic.

However, you should do whatever makes you happy. I would consult with a makeup artist and/or some bridal magazines for ideas and hints.