Broken eyeshadow?

thegirlgotsoul

I tried to search for this topic and nothing came up, so sorry if this is a repeat question.

I was depotting my Parrot e/s today and go figure, it broke. The first e/s to ever break on me while depotting.

A big chunk fell out and the rest looked all cracked, so I just used a spoon and broke the whole thing up into a chunky powder and put it in a sample jar.

My question is, that shouldn't change how the shadow comes out when I use it from now on, right? It will still look and act the same...I hope?

Thanks!

user2

No it shouldn't change its look because you'll put some powder of the e/s on your brush and out it on you eyes...

But you can use some 70%-alcohol, out it one the powder and put it back in its pan, press it in a little bit and you have an e/s again!

singinmys0ng

it will be same..just not all in one peice..like VV said..get some of that alchol and let it sit and it should dry together and be all new again. Or you can just crush it up like a pigment and use it that way..it won't make any diffrence in the eyeshaow color at all. Hope that helps..sorry about your parrot e/s
ssad.gif

thegirlgotsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by singinmys0ng
Or you can just crush it up like a pigment and use it that way..it won't make any diffrence in the eyeshaow color at all. Hope that helps..sorry about your parrot e/s
ssad.gif

That is exactly what I ended up doing. Thanks everyone for the help!
thmbup.gif

eponine

i mixed mine with rubbing alcohol and smushed it back into the pan...it seems fine now, it's been erm...reconstructed for about 3 months now. stupid crumbly parrot.

Katura

I was about to ask a question about this...I dropped one of my pots the other day...smushed the color to piecces...but now i have a solution too! thanks so much
smiles.gif

lola336

does the alcohol change anything about the e/s? i would think teh e/s would smell or something?

crzyc

Has anyone else that's used alcohol to reassemble an e/s found that the e/s stays more fragile? I've done this twice now , and one crubled soon after (Ricepaper, I think), so I'm very careful with the other.

thegirlgotsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
I have a backup parrot I can send you?

You have an extra Parrot to sell?!

Seriously?!

How much would you like for it?

greengrin.gif

Katura

wow..I went home the day that o posted on here, and was sitting up in my bathroom ready to do this i turn around for a second..and the next thing i know my cat...*who im now very upset with* knocked it off the counter! Not to mention I had a Carbon covered white carpet to clean before leaving the house...and no e/s left!!! *not a happy camper here*