Broken Hearted Can't find 226

NewlyMACd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
I use it for everything! Blending out harsh edges, applying a less intense layer of color, directly applying a crease colour, highlight...etc. When I first got it I was using it with the tip directly to my skin (like how you'd use a 224) but it totally didn't work. Then I tried just sweeping colour on with the sides of the brush and it was perfect. Can't live without this brush!!!

yep same here. It's so soft that I felt the very very tip wasn't applying much color but then I started using the entire side and it's better

MAC_Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrostars
Am I the only one who doesn't like the 226? lol.

You are definately not alone!! My 226 is so scratchy and feels so cheap! like the ferrel is too big for the handle. its a weird brush.

aziajs

Hmmm....you all are making me reconsider buying this brush. Maybe I'll just get the Smashbox #15.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I think that I would like it if I could figure out how to use it.
smiles.gif

Shoot, this brush is the magic tool that has finally helped me fake a decent crease on my hooded/ peek-a-boo lids with hella surface area. I got compliments all weekend everywhere on my makeup after finally getting around to using this brush. I'm actually gonna go to my freestanding this weekend and see if there are anymore left so that I can have at least one backup. To the OP, if you'd like me to CP it for you, I'd be glad to; just PM me.

L1LMAMAJ

I bought one but returned it because it didn't work for me. Maybe I was just not using it right. Now that it's sold out, makes me wish I kept it and tried to figure it out. Darn this!

bananarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticarbcqen
OP- cant you have someone whos got a pro card CP you one? since you are a pro member yourself..

I would love to but don't know anyone that has one
ssad.gif

electrostars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Diva
You are definately not alone!! My 226 is so scratchy and feels so cheap! like the ferrel is too big for the handle. its a weird brush.

Mine was scratchy too.

TamEva Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrostars
Mine was scratchy too.

Yeah, you really have to nurture these puppies!

Condition, condition, condition!

I had to pick through over a dozen of these to get two that met my standards and even then one is on the scratchy side thanks to just of few bad apple hair strands - that I wish I could isolate and clip without ruining the brush.

Can't abide by a brush that may actually drag/scratch your shadows off - making things worse. Other than that I'm thrilled with it.

The problem is with quality control, and if it's one thing I hate - it's inconsistent superior quality products.

Where the odds are 2 out of 10 that you're going to get a fantastic brush!
thmbdn.gif

Perfect example of MAC's ability to produce a consistently perfect brush 10 out of 10 is the #168 Large Angle Contour Brush!

I hate the idea that there are people out there with poopy brushes just because they were LE and they wouldn't dare part with them.

I hope that when MAC makes the #226 perm (crosses fingers) they, seriously, QC these! It has the potential to be their greatest brush ever!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananarchy
Yeah, I thought about getting one at nordies but I can't use my pro card at counters and I'm way to broke to pay full price.

You can use your Pro Card at MAC Pro online are they sold out there?

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewlyMACd
^^^ Just curious. What is CP?

Custom Purchase....I think is the correct term....someone purchases it for you and only charges you the actual price of the item + shipping

gigiopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamEva Le Fay
The problem is with quality control, and if it's one thing I hate - it's inconsistent superior quality products.

Where the odds are 2 out of 10 that you're going to get a fantastic brush!
thmbdn.gif

Thanks for the explanation...I guess I'm lucky I got a near-perfect brush then. Well, that or my MA was awesome enough to pick a good one for me.
amuse.gif

xxManBeaterxx

I love this brush! It definately replaces my 224 anyway... Its sold out everywhere in hawaii on the first 2-3 days at all 10 mac locations... They better make it perm

When it comes to brushes i can be a bit of a pain in the ass.. i ask the MA if i could see all the brushes and choose which one i like best.. hey im paying for it and possibly keeping it for many years might so i might as well get the ones i like, right?