brush 187

.nicole.

Okay I honestly can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a brush... I really like the way it works though when an artist used it for a blushcreme on me.

So my question do you guys know of any other brands that carry one possibly cheaper?

Shavwi

flirt (they sell that brand in Kohls) has a similar one that's about $10. My friend has one and it's works well enough, but I much prefer my 187. It's a good option if you dont want to spend so much on a brush though!

.nicole.

hmm i'll have to look kohls up online, don't have them in Washington... thanks for that info...

Shavwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by .nicole.
hmm i'll have to look kohls up online, don't have them in Washington... thanks for that info...

I looked online at the Kohls site and the Flirt site for you and I couldn't find it
ssad.gif
Sorry! Maybe you could call a Kohls and see if they can send it to you?

.nicole.

I have an odd feeling I'm gonna just break down and buy the one from MAC, i read a lot of stuff on makeupally about the one from Flirt being rough and scratchy on the skin.. Also it'll be nice to have when MAC rereleases MSFs!!! i didn't get one when they came out the first time.

Shavwi

Quote:
I have an odd feeling I'm gonna just break down and buy the one from MAC, i read a lot of stuff on makeupally about the one from Flirt being rough and scratchy on the skin.. Also it'll be nice to have when MAC rereleases MSFs!!! i didn't get one when they came out the first time.

lol It's expensive, but totally worth it. I love mine! I missed the boat with the MSF's last time too so I can't wait to get one adn try it with the 187! Good luck!

bellaetoile

i've seen some people on the boards running around buying the sephora/prescriptives/flirt brushes...spending way more than $42 trying to find cheaper alternatives, and in the long run, its not worth it. i know it seems like a lot for a brush, but i swear you won't be disappointed. i have 3 187s, and use them all. i have a couple flirt ones as well, but they just don't do the trick. the sephora one didn't impress me when i played with it in the store, and frankly, its not that much cheaper.

Wattage

I agree that it's just not worth it to go cheap. You will end up buying two or three cheap brushes over the lifetime of one 187. I know it's a lot, but save your pennies and go get it. You won't regret it and you will be amazed and how much further your makeup goes with it. I use less product and get a better result.

smiles.gif

Shavwi

Quote:
Would it also be good for a light foundation application of SFF for summertime?

I've never used it for foundation, but I know lots of other people have and have had great results!

koolmnbv

Yes I apply my sff with my 187, I actually just ordered my 2nd 187 online today! I am going to keep 1 for dry products and 1 for wet/creamy products! You will find so many different uses for this brush! The money is invested and well pays off

bellaetoile

Quote:
Would it also be good for a light foundation application of SFF for summertime?

absolutely. i have one 187 for foundation only, one for blushcremes and CCBs only, and the third for MSFs and bronzer. i know it seems excessive, but it really makes things quicker, as i don't have to wash them between product types. they're amazing brushes, and with the right care, they should last a LONG time.

moonrevel

The 187 is THE hotness for almost any face product, seriously. I actually have two because I love it so much and use it all the time - one is for (absolutely perfect and flawless) foundation application, and the other is for (amazingly well blended) MSFs, cream and powder blushes, highlighters, bronzers, etc. It is definitely worth the money.