Brush to use w/ Studio Tech

meker

Mods if this is a repeat thread please move.

I wanted to know what brush I should use to apply Studio Tech. I am not fond of using the sponge that it comes with. Any suggestions ladies?

gildedangel

The best thing to do is use your fingers. Studio Tech works best when it is warmed up. If you really want to use a brush the 189 works well with this foundation. Just make sure to warm it up by sticking it under a warm light for about 10 seconds or so.
smiles.gif

TISH1124

When I used ST I applied it with the 190 and then used my 187 to even/buff it out. I never warmed it tho...thats good to know...not that I will use it again ...but good to know

meker

Wow Thanks for the advice. I really dont think the sponge is sanitary, unless you are using a new one everytime. And considering im switching because I have breakouts frequently, I would rather use something like a brush that has been sanitized.

anita22

I use the 190, but I find I get a much better finish if I spritz the brush with Fix+ as I go. It sheers out the formula just a little and gives it a really nice glowy finish, and it's less likely to streak or cake up on application. (Plus it stretches out how long the foundation lasts, I go through my Studio Tech way too quickly otherwise!)

couturesista

191 to apply and 109 to buff. I find that the 191 gives a more precise application, the 190 can be streaky. I don't apply foundation all over my face, just on certain areas.

Destiny007

I LOVE this stuff and this is coming from someone who had completely sworn off MAC foundations, but this is the BOMB! I apply with a random foundation brush (similar to 190) and then buff it with the lovely 109....absolutely flawless. I am in LOVE!

KYBankerGirl

I have never been a fan of the 190 as it always tends to streak on me. The Smashbox foundation brush spritzed with Fix+ gives the most awesome application and finish. Without the Fix+ the application is heavier and still is awesome but coverage is full. I get zero streaking with the Smashbox brush. This is the only brush from MAC that I've been unhappy with (other than my 109 for shedding). I love my 109 even if it does shed.