Brushes Shedding

Dia

My beloved 187 is shedding like there's no tomorrow. Every time I use it there's about 4 or 5 hairs all over my face.
ssad.gif
Has this happend to anyone else? I got mine late last year and have barely used it.

bellamia

It hasn't happen to me but you should bring it back to MAC and hopefully they can replace it for you.

user3

Take it back. MAC guarantees their brushes so you should have no problem exchanging it.
Just to make things eaiser I would do a live chat on MAC and print that out to take it with you to the counter. Also I know many times that the live chat will offer to send you an envelope to send the 187 back and they will replace it.

user2

My 187 did that too for a while and I emailed MAC about it and they told me that it's pretty usual for brushes to shed!

MargaretD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia
My beloved 187 is shedding like there's no tomorrow. Every time I use it there's about 4 or 5 hairs all over my face.
ssad.gif
Has this happend to anyone else? I got mine late last year and have barely used it.

I like the Px bronzer brush better. It is thicker/denser than MAC and cheaper (about $10).

brandi

i've had one or two fall off but it isn't that much of a big deal... but 5 every single time thats a diff. story!!! mines only fall out sometimes.....

Dia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
Take it back. MAC guarantees their brushes so you should have no problem exchanging it.
Just to make things eaiser I would do a live chat on MAC and print that out to take it with you to the counter. Also I know many times that the live chat will offer to send you an envelope to send the 187 back and they will replace it.

I actually did a live chat after I posted this, and they said that it was normal for them to shed. That's even after I told them it's to the point where there's actually a white stripe down the side.

I'm hoping to head up to my counter again around the 12th so I'll bring it with me then. It figures that my most expensive brush sheds like mad, yet my Tailormade ones haven't lol.

midnightlouise

That stinks.
ssad.gif
I've been lucky not to have any problems yet *crosses fingers* and 5 hairs every time seems excessive so hopefully you won't have any problems taking it back.

allan_willb

the ferrule on this brush is one of the strongest among all of the mac brushes.The hairs are held in very tight and it feels very strong and durable.I think u got a dud.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia
I actually did a live chat after I posted this, and they said that it was normal for them to shed. That's even after I told them it's to the point where there's actually a white stripe down the side.

I'm hoping to head up to my counter again around the 12th so I'll bring it with me then. It figures that my most expensive brush sheds like mad, yet my Tailormade ones haven't lol.

OH I would cause a BIG stink and make the exchange it!
em36.gif

Shedding is normal for any brush but major shedding should not happen at all!

If I get time I'll do a live chat and see what outcome I get. If I get a good one like I usually do I will PM you with what you can do.

Dia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
OH I would cause a BIG stink and make the exchange it!
em36.gif

Shedding is normal for any brush but major shedding should not happen at all!

If I get time I'll do a live chat and see what outcome I get. If I get a good one like I usually do I will PM you with what you can do.

Awesome, thanks
smiles.gif

I've sent off an email seeing what they'll say. I'm going to bring the brush up with me next time I head to the counter. I really wish I had thought of it when I was there last week though!

Hopefully your livechat will be more productive than mine. I never seem to get anywhere with that or emails :S

Dia

I got an email back from Mac....

They're sending me a new one! This is the first time they've offered (through email) to replace a faulty product for me. Needless to say I'm happy lol.

rnsmelody

im having the same problem too.. it sheds about 2-5 hairs everytime i use it. but i dont have the reciept for it so i dont know what i should do.. should i just do a live chat or email them about it.? thanks

Dia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnsmelody
im having the same problem too.. it sheds about 2-5 hairs everytime i use it. but i dont have the reciept for it so i dont know what i should do.. should i just do a live chat or email them about it.? thanks

I did a live chat at first and they didn't really say much, just to make sure I clean it properly (which I do). Try taking it back to the counter/store you bought it at first, and if that doesn't work just email them.