Brushes

whiplashes

Hey ladies...
I'm a MUA from Toronto.

My brushes are tired and I am going to replace some of them soon. Mostly powder/blush/contouring face brushes...maybe add some new ones to spice things up.

Wondering what brand of brushes you prefer from a professional angle (not for personal use only)....?

gildedangel

Brand: MAC They have a great selections of brushes, but they are little expensive. They last for years and years though!!! Bobbi Brown has some good brushes but they don't have a big selection.

mistella

i have brushes from a variety of brands..i like to mix and match. some of my faves are from smashbox, nars, stila, crown

I copied this from another thread that I answered about brushes

There are four major brush manufacturers for cosmetics
Anisa international
Hakuhodo (spelling)
Crown
Royal & Langnickel

Anisa being the largest makes brushes for
MAC (even the brush sets)
Sephora
Laura mercier
Lola
Bobbi brown
Smashbox
A design

Almost all makeup brushes are made by hand
not by machines
the price difference depends on the materials used to make the brush
the only place i can see machines coming in is when the hairs are cut but even then you can tell if it was done by machine. (those cheap brushes that come with makeup sometimes that are bluntly cut off and even feel cheap) those are mass produced and made by machine, big difference from the mac brush sets.

my fave brushes right now are A design, Hakuhodo (very expensive), and simple beaute.

even the posh brand is pretty good which you can find in CVS or Target .. and they are cheap.

A design and Hakuhodo are my go to brushes though.

panda0410

Hakuhodo is now Takara
smiles.gif
Nice brushes
greengrin.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMakeupMan
not its not ...i don't think thats the right company heres the link

Hakuhodo USA

I was on the CA site - are the companies between the countries different because many of these are the same brushes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I was on the CA site - are the companies between the countries different because many of these are the same brushes?

Its possible I haven't checked that site.

naijapretty

Chris, which of the Hakuhodo brushes do you have, what line? I want to get some and I'm lemming for the traditional japanese brushes, but am also interested in the other series. Thanks

4everbeautyful

I am not loyal to any brand...I will use a brush from any line as long at it performs well...my kit includes:

makeup forver
lancome
japonesque
crown
Quo

I also have a set of brushes from the Elite Pro Institute...I took a course with them and they sent me a 16 piece brush set...i must say that I absolutely love their eyeshadow brushes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naijapretty
Chris, which of the Hakuhodo brushes do you have, what line? I want to get some and I'm lemming for the traditional japanese brushes, but am also interested in the other series. Thanks

I like the Kokutan (spelling) series ... and the series with the red handles.

the traditional brushes rock I like blush brushes.

naijapretty

Thanks. The kokutan series looks yummy (yikes on the price tho). Do you use them as all-over powder brushes or can they also be for sculpting (I'm in a sculpting moment now lol)?

And can I pls come play with your brushes?
greengrin.gif