Buying MAC LE items online

thefbomb

Hey everyone..so I'm thinking of purchasing two items from someone online and I would meet with them and buy the items. I tried lookin up the orig. price but only saw USD. Would I be getting a good deal...the Wonder Woman blush AND AG Ronnie Red for $75 and what should I look for to help with authenticity or what should I ask for photos of to check for authenticity?

nailgrrl

The sticker on the bottom will be the most important to tell if it's a fake, also make sure she actually sends you photos of the items she has, and hasn't sent you photos she got from Google.

nailgrrl

Usually, the fonts will be all wrong - too big, too small, too bold etc. The sticker itself might even be the wrong size/type of sticker. They might not follow authentic naming conventions either - I've seen some fakes labelled with just a number (AFAIK, MAC never labels their products with just a number). This is just one example:

(Photo is from LolaLovesSparkles.blogspot.com)

See how wrong the tube on the right looks when compared with an authentic product? Another thing that will give the fake away is the smell. The authentic MAC lippy smell is very distinct, and I would be very suspicious of any MAC lippy that smells differently.

damagedmassacre

Awesome good to know I'll keep my eye out for that. Esp when buying from individuals.
Usually, the fonts will be all wrong - toosticker itself might even be the wrong size/type of sticker. They might not follow authentic naming conventions either - I've seen some fakes labelled with just a number (AFAIK, MAC never labels their products with just a number). This is just one example: (Photo is from LolaLovesSparkles.blogspot.com)  See how wrong the tube on the right looks when compared with an authentic product? Another thing that will give the fake away is the smell. The authentic MAC lippy smell is very distinct, and I would be very suspicious of any MAC lippy that smells differently. 

Nothing is authentic on eBay or not a lot anyway, ask for a photo of the label on the back and a close up of the packaging you can just tell when packaging is fake mac has this type of glitter inside their packaging that's black you can tell when you put it next to a fake one I'll try find a photo of a genuine palette but to me honestly that palette looks fake but it may be not if she only sells a few things then maybe its real I've got real mac and nars off eBay but the sellers who sell loads of stocked mac its all fake the worst that can happen is it turn out to be fake then just open a case then send it back by recorded shipping to prove you sent it back and get a refund any luck its real and that's a bonus!