Cali MAC Class Action Lawsuit....

TRUEFASHIONISTA

To all the ladies in California....

Have any of you received your notice in the mail about a class action lawsuit?

"There is currently pending in the California Superior Court for the County of Los Angeles a coordinated proceeding entitled M.A.C. Cosmetics Cases, Judicial Council Proceeding Case Number 4471 (the "Action"). On May 21, 2007, Judge Carl J. West of the Los Angeles County Superior Court tentatively approved the proposed settlement in this Action."

The settlement is a $12 Gift Card!
graucho.gif

TRUEFASHIONISTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
What's the suit all about?

"The lawsuit alleges that MAC violated California law by requesting and recording the addresses of it's credit card customers during credit card transactions."

"Plantiffs Sonia Silva, Faye Tipton, Hope White, and Muna Rashid filed three separate class action lawsuits against MAC on behalf of themselves and all Class Members. The three lawsuits were coordinated into one."

TRUEFASHIONISTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniumom
I don't get it.

Basically, the lawsuit is saying that if you bought anything from a MAC store between January 18, 2005 and February 3, 2006 with a credit card; you are eligable for a $12 gift card.
smiles.gif

ChrisChick

Yeah I got it too...basically if you don't call or write to be removed from the class, then you'll automatically get a gift card when they settle.

I'm stoked for a few bucks but I don't necessarily agree with the suit. These girls could have just declined to give their info and that would have been that.

TRUEFASHIONISTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisChick
Yeah I got it too...basically if you don't call or write to be removed from the class, then you'll automatically get a gift card when they settle.

I'm stoked for a few bucks but I don't necessarily agree with the suit. These girls could have just declined to give their info and that would have been that.

I thought it was interesting as well. Did you see the part where the attorneys are receiving $245K for the settlement and the four girls are receiving $1K.:eek2:

mzreyes

I got something like this from nordstrom awhile back. I think I bought a mac thing with it. I got a $20 gift certificate
greengrin.gif

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

MAC Gift Card

Ok - went to the mailbox today and to my surprise there was a card in there from MAC... I thought it was a card for a promo...... NOT! It was a $15.00 gift card from MAC!!

It says:

"As a valued MAC customer and a member of our class action settlement please enjoy this $15 giftcard.
Please Enjoy this $15.00 giftcard redeemable at a MAC store near you."

I didn't know I was part of a class action suit? Anyone else get one??

MAC_Pixie04

I got a $15 gift card in the mail today as well. It's kind of exciting to get money in the mail and buy an eye shadow, but it's stupid to sue a company because you gave out your own information, you can decline to give it.