CALLING ON EVERYONE: I need your opinions big time

amoona

Ok so I've been in the process of redecorating my room for about 6 months now. All I've done so far is paint my room!! The problem is I haven't found the right bed sheets yet and I think I just did today. So I found a bunch of stuff and I was thinking of ordering it online and starting me room renovation.
clap.gif
I just wanted to get some opinions so let me try to explain what I'm trying to do ... and there's pictures hehe.

So I painted my room a champange like color and I'm going for a very sophisticated and romantic old hollywood glamour kinda theme. I want to get white crown molding and put it up (I'm not sure if I can because we rent but I'll see).

This is the bed I'm considering getting:
1112996853992_AV1_500X500.jpg

And I'll have this lil bedside nightstand:
0087237400069_500X500.jpg

Here are the bedsheets I'm planning on getting (including the pillows on the bed they come with it):
http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/04/72/25...75_500X500.jpg
^I wish I could afford to buy that bed and headboard!

I want to add this pillow for a touch of color. It has the same golden color in the sheets but it has the pale blue:
040594180.jpg

I plan on getting a vanity of some sort and I want to get a flat screen TV with a DVD combo to mount up on my wall. (If anyone has any suggestions of good and affordable ones please let me know. I only want a 19" or 20" TV and I am clueless when it comes to what brand is good and stuff ... I usually go for the cheapest I find lol.

I'd also love to get a black and white movie poster of Casablanca because I sooooo love that movie. I want to frame it and put it right above my bed.
143711.JPG

My room is small and the furniture I have now is huge, bulky, and ugly. My mom bought it for me and decorated my room when I was 12 ... it was my surprise for when I came back home (I was in the Middle East for a year).

There a lot of other little things I want to add and I have them in my head I just haven't found them yet. Any suggestions, tips, comments would be great. Most of this stuff I found on Walmart's website but I don't really have a Walmart super close to me so I'll be ordering most of it online. TIA!
smiles.gif

as_cute_as_pie

hey i think it looks great! v niiceee
im in the middle of re decorating my room where ive had furniture since BEFORE i was born
lmao.gif
lol i wrote boring there first
oo i cant think of any tips really seems like u have it all sorted
i have to say i looove photo frames and candle sticks for last min touches
smiles.gif

amoona

Thanks. I also found this lamp which sorta goes with that pillow but idk:
0082342039119_215X215.jpg

I'm for sure getting tons of candles haha. I saw this gorgeous wall mounting of candles and mirriors and whatever else u can think of ... it's gorgeous! I just can't bring myself to spending $150 for it so I'll probably come up with my own.

My major struggle is the TV and finding a nice (INEXPENSIVE) vanity/dresser.

Hawkeye

add white roses. old hollywood starlet style-except they had red. But roses and of course don't forget the vintage perfume bottles
greengrin.gif

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
add white roses. old hollywood starlet style-except they had red. But roses and of course don't forget the vintage perfume bottles
greengrin.gif

my mom always has some new flower arrangement for almost every room of the house haha. but the perfume bottles is good idea, i didn't think about that, i hope i can find some really pretty ones to put up on shelves as decoration.

Beauty Mark

What kind of curtains are you planning on? They'll give some nice glamour, I'm sure. I love the furniture, very pretty and it looks like things that you can actually use for many years.

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
What kind of curtains are you planning on? They'll give some nice glamour, I'm sure. I love the furniture, very pretty and it looks like things that you can actually use for many years.

I'm not sure on curtains yet ... those I want to actually see in person before I purchase because I'm always picky about curtains haha.

BUT here's my new problem ... I went to go order the bedsheets today and they're SOLD OUT! Problem is they're a clearance item so I doubt they'll be getting anymore.
weeping.gif
weeping.gif

Anyone have any ideas for a bedspread?! Or has anyone seen some nice affordable ones online? I can never find the bedsheets I want ...

kaliraksha

I think it looks beautiful... I love that pale blue/teal (i know there is a name for it) with gold... it's so classy.

To be honest with you, I'm not sure how I feel about the casablanca poster. I love the movie but it just seems so bold for the softness of the rest of the room. What I would maybe do to tone it down is frame them in like elaborate gold or silver frames and get like 2-3 of them and put them next to each other.

I love the lamp.

You can do a lot of cheap things without buying a headboard. You can get high density board for cheap from the hardware store. Get or better yet, borrow a staple gun.... get some foam and find cheap material at a fabric store or big clearance curtains and just put it together. Have a simple rectangel shape cut out at the hardware store... ask for a suggestion for glue... but glue and nail on the foam... whatever the suggestion is.... and then take the material hold it taught and use the staple gun on the back... its an upholstered headboard. You can also add buttons to it.

Or get handles/knobs (old ones from garage sales or hardware stores or cheap ones at walmart) hang them/mount them above the bed or headboard in like a downward facing triangle to frame the bed. Once you have your beautiful knobs/hooks up... get sheer gold or pale blue material and make a beautiful drape to frame your bed and give it drama. Then just spend the extra money (from not buying a bed) on the white bedksirt to match to headboard.

Also, maybe now that all the christmas stuff is on sale... look into that stuff... think about getting different sized huge ornaments to hang from your ceiling in shapes/order to make like a "chandelier" or "wind chime" .... maybe right above the vanity... or bed or a window.

For the vanity, definitely look at antique shops and garage sales and craigslist.org

For sheets try websites like overstock.com and smartbargains.com

Think about getting a rug... really personalizes a room.

Buy a little bit at a time... buying one item every time you get paid or get money will go by quickly... ask for gift cards to places like walmart or visa gift cards for birthdays/holidays etc. Let everyone know what the look of your room is... then whenever people see something in the store that reminds them of your future room- they may buy it for you.

Have fun decorating! My room is a decadence of red... and I love it. I adore coming home to be surrounded by it.