Can any of you tell me if you think this palette is a fraud?

cherryice

MAC TRIP 5 Cool Eyes Palette BNIB Free USShip Authentic - eBay (item 370328269346 end time Mar-01-10 18:25:22 PST)

The only two things that are giving off warning bells is that in her description she's saying your box shouldn't be perfect because the perfect ones are sometimes counterfeit (that seemed a little suspect to me), and the second is the photo. Some schmo on ebay is selling the same palette for $100, but his picture looks exactly like the palette should - shows the shimmer of the shadows, etc. This photo for this listing looks a little washed out.

What do you guys think? I can't decide on this one and since the other seller won't come down from his $100 price, this is the only one I'd consider buying.

Thanks for your help!

Makeup Emporium

I looked at some of the other auctions they have and the pictures showed items with CCO labels. I know that this was available at the CCO so it is possible that it is authentic. I am not sure if this palette was ever faked.

I have the Cool Lips & Eyes not just the Eyes so I can't help you with a photo.

cherryice

Thanks! I think I'll get it then. It seems like she goes out of her way to explain authenticity, but my paranoid little mind tells me she's doing that to overcompensate for selling fake goods. I can't help being a cynic.