Can I get Plum & Teal into a sexy smokey look?

lauraglou

Hiya guys, I've got a staff Christmas doo coming up this next week and I'd like to do a sexy smokey look for my eyes.

I'm going to be wearing a really dark purpley plummy shimmery top and I was originally going to just go for a dark greyish plumish smoke, but I managed to get my hands on MAC's teal pigment this week and it's such a gorgeous colour that I was wondering whether I could incorporate it into my smokey look.

Do you think it could work and what colours would you put with the teal? I'm NW20 with blue eyes.

Thanks in advance
smiles.gif

gildedangel

Smokey teal would be so pretty! Using the teal as the main lid color, I would probably put a dark grey or black with the teal for the smoky effect, with neutral lips and a natural-looking blush. HTH!

gigiopolis

Ooh, reminds me of an FOTD I did a looong time ago.

I mostly used teal as a pop of colour in the outer corner, with the plum in the crease to add depth. It's super pretty! (Doesn't really show up as plum in the photos but you get the idea.)

dsc00221ed2yf9.jpg

dsc00214ed2ms0.jpg

lauraglou

Thanks everyone, for your suggestions. I going to try out a few different looks. I might even do a FOTD if I'm brave enough
smiles.gif

computergirl200

My recommendation is to blend, lot. Apply a layer of colour and blend then reapply colour and blend then reapply and blend.

I would use the plum on the outer corner and crease, and the teal on the inner corner. Sounds like a great combination. Good luck!