can i use someone else's pro card?

stacyadams

my mom is a hair stylist and i want her to apply for the pro card. i want to use her pro card when i shop at MAC. will they allow it even if she isnt there with me?

do they check ID when you use your pro card?? someone please help! thank you!!

MrsMay

Hi - as far as I am aware it is only the person who the card is allocated to that can shop with it.

Also - I believe that the card is supposed to be only used for personal purchases not for purchases for other people. In fact, I believe that if they are caught purchasing for someone else then their card can be revoked?

I may be wrong, but this is how I understand it to work...

Hope that helps!

erine1881

^^^yep. they check ID, and if it's not your card they'll confiscate it on the spot. and whoever's card it is will loose their discount entirely.

if your mom gets the card, only she can use it. and she can only purchase stuff for herself, not for anyone else.

Blushbaby

They're SUPPOSED to ask for photo ID when you hand over your PRO card . I wasn't asked though ..maybe cos it was so busy the day I was in there. That was my first time using it since it had arrived so maybe it'll be different the next time.

COBI

My ID is checked anytime it's someone who doesn't know me. At this point, most of them know me. And if they don't, I automatically give them my ID when I hand them my card.