Can mac gloss cremes really be used as eyeshadows??

MACATTAK

Some say that these gloss cremes can be used as eyeshadows? All I ever get from that is a gunky, creasy mess! I've used them to highlight cheeks, or as a lipgloss (depending on the color), am I missing something here? The colors are awesome & would be great for eyeshadow if it was possible. Any ideas?
hmm.gif

MisStarrlight

It is possible....I don't wear it on a day to day basis, but I have used Astonish as eyeshadow on photoshoots & played w/ a few of the glosees in the little squeeze tubes.

Here's how I did it:
*Put the shadow on
*"Seal" the shadow w/ Benefit's She-Laq (so it won't crease)...be careful not to get this in your eye-it will BURN!
*Buff in the gloss w/ a fluffy brush

For daily use I would say it would be best to use it w/o any shadow underneath-to minimize creasiness...and use it very lightly so it's not a sticky mess either.

MACATTAK

WOW! Thank you both for the great tips! I guess it is possible, and am so excited to try both of these ideas
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

redambition

ooooh... crease city!

when i went in to buy some stuff from the jewelescent collection the MUA had the gloss on as e/s... and what a horrible creased mess that was
ssad.gif

i don't think it would work day-to-day, but for a photoshoot it would look fantastic.