Can you wear sleeveless tops to work?

Was wondering if anybody could tell me if you can wear sleeveless tops to work at MAC? I went shopping today and got a couple, but dont know if I can wear them. It doesnt say anything on the dresscode requiement page that I got in my packet. But I havent seen any other girls wearing them.

Also, what about a top that is black with black polka dots?

dovelysong

You should wear 100% black everyday, except for fridays when you wear your Viva Glam t-shirt. So, your black shirt with black polka dots should be fine, since it's all black.

And my trainer just told me that the dress code was recently updated to say that sleeveless tops are no longer allowed. They used to be allowed at MAC Stores, but not at most partnered locations (Macy's, Nordies, etc), but now they are not allowed at all. So, I say find a cute little shrug or something to throw over your sleeveless top and you should be fine.

And by the way, CONGRATS!! Welcome to the MAC family...
cheerleader.gif

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemalibu7
Was wondering if anybody could tell me if you can wear sleeveless tops to work at MAC? I went shopping today and got a couple, but dont know if I can wear them. It doesnt say anything on the dresscode requiement page that I got in my packet. But I havent seen any other girls wearing them.

Also, what about a top that is black with black polka dots?

As long as it's all black, you'll be fine...just make sure you get yourself some really comfortable shoes!!!

calbear

Check with your counter manager is the best thing I can say on this one cause it changes per location. We never wear our Viva Glam shirts unless we are having a BIG event. So we wore the white VG shirts once and we have never worn the the black VG shirts. And as far as sleeveless tops - we can wear them all day long even under the new guidelines, but they got all crazy about various accessories. So check with your manager and see what they got going on at your location.

MisStarrlight

I'm in Basic now (4th day today) and they haven't said anything about sleeveless tops. I've been on counter for a while & we all wear them all the time. We were just told "Professonal 100% black." That was while I was working in either location.
Vica Glam isn't necessairly Friday. We wear our on Sunday...And I doubt the Polka dots, unless they're really timy dots...like, we're able to wear pinstripes, but it's not exactly reccomended.

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovelysong
You should wear 100% black everyday, except for fridays when you wear your Viva Glam t-shirt. So, your black shirt with black polka dots should be fine, since it's all black.

And my trainer just told me that the dress code was recently updated to say that sleeveless tops are no longer allowed. They used to be allowed at MAC Stores, but not at most partnered locations (Macy's, Nordies, etc), but now they are not allowed at all. So, I say find a cute little shrug or something to throw over your sleeveless top and you should be fine.

And by the way, CONGRATS!! Welcome to the MAC family...
cheerleader.gif

If it is a Black on Black design it is fine, no other colors though. You can have "metal" on your shirt without a problem though as long as it is only an accent on the shirt and doesn't make up a lot of the shirt/pants.

I haven't heard anything about not being able to wear sleeveless tops at work though. I was told that ultimately the decision of what to wear at each location is determined by the manager there. If a manager wants to be hardcore and say no sleeveless anything then they can technically even if it isn't a MAC Company rule.

Our manager lets us wear pretty much whatever the hell we want as long as we aren't falling out of it. Sleeveless, halters, one shoulder tops, tube tops etc.

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACGoddess
Our manager lets us wear pretty much whatever the hell we want as long as we aren't falling out of it. Sleeveless, halters, one shoulder tops, tube tops etc.

Same here...the only place where "anything goes" doesn't apply is Nordies...other than that, we can wear anything at all (even tube tops and short shorts...not that I wear that!)

MAC_Pixie04

Thats an interesting thing, now that you all mention it I've noticed that at the Freestanding stores in my area the girls have crazy outfits on and they look super cut, but at all the Nordstrom counters, they all always have on more modest clothing.

NikkiHorror

Yeah Nordstrom MAC employees have to go by Nordstrom rules, which means no boobs, no butts, and no bare shoulders, haha! We have had girls wear those super short cuffed shorts over leggings, and lacy tops over tube tops to slip under the rules which I think is fine. There are some outfits, though, that I still feel some girls are unnappropritately wearing like mini dresses with fishnets and heels. That's streetcorner attire, girls! MAC employees should be edgy-fashionable, but not edgy-the rules.

I try not to wear anything that exposes my armpits because when I do makeovers it feels gross to have my armpit that close to someone's face for that long. And sometimes you're unaware of your stink factor, lol.

FacesbyNiki

I work at Nordstroms and we can't wear sleeveless at all. Although each location is different.

Now, fishnets, we are wearing them saturday for an event. I don't know what 'streetcorner attire' is but I do know how to wear my clothing in a tasteful/trendy manner.
smiles.gif

NikkiHorror

Nik, I think you got me wrong ^^^; fishnets are fine, I sport 'em all the time. But what I was saying was girls need to work em with a pencil skirt or a knee-length dress or cropped pants instead of a mini skirts and heels; that whole ensemble is just not appro for work.
heart2.gif

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiHorror
Nik, I think you got me wrong ^^^; fishnets are fine, I sport 'em all the time. But what I was saying was girls need to work em with a pencil skirt or a knee-length dress or cropped pants instead of a mini skirts and heels; that whole ensemble is just not appro for work.
heart2.gif

th_kiss.gif

I sure did read that wrong. LOL I hate the internet sometimes. But I do know what you mean. If you are going to wear them, wear them right!

SARAHluvsMAC

I have worked at several stores in the dc area and we are never allowed to wear sleeveless unless its a theme day, and even then sometimes they are a little annoyed with it

how would you like it if someone was doing you eyes and their armpit was in your face... its just weird

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHluvsMAC
I have worked at several stores in the dc area and we are never allowed to wear sleeveless unless its a theme day, and even then sometimes they are a little annoyed with it

how would you like it if someone was doing you eyes and their armpit was in your face... its just weird

rofl.gif
lmao.gif
rofl.gif
lmao.gif

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Thanks Sarah..

calbear

I'm not really sure how y'all are doing makeup but my armpit is never in anyone's face no matter what I'm doing.

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear
I'm not really sure how y'all are doing makeup but my armpit is never in anyone's face no matter what I'm doing.

rofl.gif

But I've seen some crazy stuff. :confused: