Canadian Source for Pigment Sample Jars

leenybeeny

Hi all, I did a search and couldn't find anything. For you Canadian gals, where can I get the small sample jars? I like to store my pigments in smaller jars (I spilled a full size jar once and learned from that!!). I tried the dollar store, but the jars they have are still way too big. I'd love to know where everyone gets those itty bitty jars!

Thanks!
greengrin.gif

Shenanigans

I bought 5 gram jars at a store called F/X in Vancouver - they carry Ben Nye, Kryolan, Japonesque, OPI, etc., so maybe there is some place similar in Ontario? I also found tiny jars in the bath product/travel jar section of Dollarama last week - 4 for a dollar and they have glittery lids!

Shadowy Lady

I don't have an answer but thanks for the question. I want to know as well. Right now I buy empty jars online but I prefer to find a store that sells them. Where in Ontario are you located?

LilSphinx

I don't know there are any Joann's fabric stores near you in Canada or how close you are to the U.S. But I picked a couple of these up from a Joann's here in Buffalo, NY for around $7.50 or something like that. I got my first one on sale at 40% off. I keep my pigment samples in here rather than trying to use them from the plastic baggies they come in, and even put some full size pigments into them. These are great!!

100_7497.jpg

Here's one of them full:
100_7540.jpg

VDUB*BELLA

Try another dollar store... I got 4 in a pack from `Dollar Giant`and they are the exact same size like MAC sample jars and they come in clear pink, clear blue and clear purple jars.

leenybeeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I don't have an answer but thanks for the question. I want to know as well. Right now I buy empty jars online but I prefer to find a store that sells them. Where in Ontario are you located?

I'm in Oakville
smiles.gif

Willa

I've bought mines from the dollar store
Sometimes when you get lucky they have a lot, when it happens I put my hands on it!

RoxyJ

I have trouble finding the jars too, the only way I've been able to get a hold of them is online. Here is a little list of some of the places I've ordered from:
  • TKB trading - (5 gram = $1.45 for 4 jars + shipping--about 36 cents/jar) The pricing is wholesale, but the shipping can be a bit high.
  • Jar World (ebay) - (5 gram = $7.19 for 15 jars + shipping to Canada--about 48 cents/jar) I think that they still ship to Canada, you may have to email them.
  • Coastal Scents - (5 gram = $3.49 for 10 jars + shipping--about 35 cents a jar) I love thier Paradise Micas, and of course brushes and palettes.
  • The Conservatoire - (5 gram = $7.00 for 10 jars + shipping--about 70 cents/jar) Fast shipping. They also have a bunch of other cool little items, like thier loose powder compact, and brushes are a good price.

ChicIndulgence

I love the idea of getting the little containers for beads etc at JoAnnes fabrics! I will have to check that out next time I go to the states. I found some little plastic containers at Michaels craft store. They are in the paint section and they have lids that you pop off, but they are attached at the back. They actually come in a row of 8 or 10 all joined together (like the ones from the paint kits I used to use as a kid) but I just cut them apart. They are the perfect size. You may want to cut the hinge that attaches the lid too, b/c it won't sit upright with the lid open. It kind of tips back. I think it was $4.00 for two rows in one pack with 8 or 10 little containers in one row. Make sense? I bought some at the dollar store, but you have to really pry the lids off, and the pigment might go flying everywhere! I may look in the jewelery section of Micheals next time, but they are usually pretty expensive.