Cat question

Beauty Mark

My cat's one eye is watering. While I intend on calling the vet ASAP in the morning (he isn't opened until the morning), I was wondering if any of you have any ideas of what it could be. She appears fine otherwise, eating, bathroom stuff, etc. She isn't sneezing, coughing, etc. I've been cleaning a lot today- do you think she just got some dust in her eye?

Shimmer

It's probably nothing, but if it's still watering around noon or so tomorrow, I'd call...

prinzessin784

is her food dish plastic? I had a similar problem and my vet told me it's really bad for them to eat out of plastic - who knew?? They often have allergies to it. I had to go out and buy a glass food dish for her...

Char1986

Keep an eye on it. If it doesn't clear up on it's own within a few days, or gets worse, definitely call your vet. If the eye starts to sink deeper into kitty's head or the third eyelid comes up, that's a big sign that something is definitely up.

Beauty Mark

Thanks. Her food dish is ceramic, so I don't think that's the issue.

It's hard to tell how she's feeling, because she's such a talkative cat and I can't always figure out if she's upset about something or happy.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

perhaps she scratched her eye. in which, the doctor will give you some drops and everything should be a-ok. the same thing happend to my doggy

Beauty Mark

Thanks for your concerns. She's still watering a little, but it isn't as bad as yesterday. I was reading some of the paperwork that came with her, and it looks like she may have a cold. The only thing the shelter recommends is wait it out, as long as she doesn't show any other symptons, like loss of appetite.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Thanks for your concerns. She's still watering a little, but it isn't as bad as yesterday. I was reading some of the paperwork that came with her, and it looks like she may have a cold. The only thing the shelter recommends is wait it out, as long as she doesn't show any other symptons, like loss of appetite.

Did she reciently come from a shelter?
Perhaps she has "Kennel Cough" its like a cold. For animals. :achoo!"

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
Did she reciently come from a shelter?
Perhaps she has "Kennel Cough" its like a cold. For animals. :achoo!"

Cat's don't get kennel cough, but they do often get upper repiratory infections that require antibiotics. Or she could have scratched her eye or gotten litter dust in it...

poddygirl

Some days my little British Blue Jack has a slightly watery eye - I just wipe it clean with a moist Q-tip and keep an eye on it, usually doesn't last more than a day. I'm sure your kitty is fine
smiles.gif

Beauty Mark

She is indeed a recent shelter cat, and I know she had an URI before. She's at least eating, her eye isn't watering really, but she's been sleeping a lot, even for a cat.