certification for freelance

christiesmommy

Does anyone know if you have to be certified as a makeup artist to apply makeup in Mississippi. This lady at a salon wants to higher me but state board says i can't do makeup on people. There's no makeup schools around here so how do people make money doing it if they aren't able to work in department store plus i know they don't have a license. I spoke with a MAC employee at Edge water and she said it's different because they weren't extracting pores well i wont be either but i guess they can't trust that. I won't be extracting pores on people faces. Aveda said this is from state to state the rules and regulations. The woman at Blue cliff college said no one should be touching someones face without a license.

k1ss_n_m@keup

I work at Ulta in TX and we have girls there that do makeup. None of them are licensed for skin care or anything. YOu shouldnt have to be licensed if you are just doing makeup. If you are doing any other type of skin care (cleansing, extracting, waxing tweezing etc) yes you have to be licensed. But to do make up only NO. but be sure to check with your state board :)

paparazziboy

you dont need a license to apply makeup in most states. some places require you to take a sanitation course though