Chanel CC Cream, their version of BB Cream!

Prettypackages

I like the idea of the American market jumping into BB creams, especially if they create shades for women of color (why is this so hard), which is the reason why I haven't tried them, but have been intrigued.
but I agree with you Pinkrose, it seems more like a fad and not the real thing.

cutemiauw

Interested in this too. Also curious if there will be something for darker skintones.
Btw, this blog said it's going to be $91
wtff.gif

http://www.asianblush.org/chanel-cc-cream-released

Miss QQ

It's already on the Chinese Chanel website! I think my counters may get it soon if Chanel is launching it in Asia first. I will definitely try it, hopefully I can get a sample.

Ikram

I would be vary of purchasing any BB type of product from any Western brand. So far none of them have been able to formulate the product with sufficient coverage, feel as well as proper SPF and skin care ingrediences comparable to traditional BB.
I think Asian brands are far ahead due to their years of experience formulating such products.

I am very curious to see whether this product will be real break-through or just another fad type of mislabelled tinted moisturizer.

TinaOWL

I would be vary of purchasing any BB type of product from any Western brand. So far none of them have been able to formulate the product with sufficient coverage, feel as well as proper SPF and skin care ingrediences comparable to traditional BB.
I think Asian brands are far ahead due to their years of experience formulating such products.

I am very curious to see whether this product will be real break-through or just another fad type of mislabelled tinted moisturizer.
I think that it will be around $90something USD. It does come in multi-shades, similar to the Chanel Foundation shades- 20Beige, 30Beige, etc. I will be a 30Beige I think. I have the Armani Lift Foundation in 6 (which is a bit too dark for me) when I compare it to the swatches I see online of the Chanel tones, I think that 30Beige would be perfect. I am hoping to get it from my cousin who lives in Shanghai. If I do, I will post a full review. Crossing my fingers!
But, for now, it's just on my LUSTLIST: http://www.ourwonderlust.com/ourwonderlust/lust-list.html

xoxo
Tina

Miss QQ

Here is a review of the cream!

http://haruhii.pixnet.net/blog/post/31157685

The blogger says that there is only one shade and it is about 020 beige. It looks like it gives very light coverage, but it seems to cover some redness on her. I hope the consistency is also lighter than the other bb creams around. She also says it smells wonderful, and that's what I love about Chanel's skincare products most.

BB creams are a hit or miss with me. Since i'm tan (nc35 - nc40) it's hard for me to find a BB cream that matches.... I hope the shade will be forgiving enough!

Shadowy Lady

eeek, not sure I wanna pay $90 for this. If the shade is about B20 it should be great for me but the price tag is too much. Also I've discovered Marcelle (Canadian drugstore brand) BB that I'm loving so I'm set in that area :)

TinaOWL

Here is a review of the cream!

http://haruhii.pixnet.net/blog/post/31157685

The blogger says that there is only one shade and it is about 020 beige. It looks like it gives very light coverage, but it seems to cover some redness on her. I hope the consistency is also lighter than the other bb creams around. She also says it smells wonderful, and that's what I love about Chanel's skincare products most.
ok, so my Aunt who lives in Taiwan bought it for me and will be bringing it to me (NYC) in a few weeks. I will do a full review of it on my blog:(so make sure you subscribe to my blog to catch it). She said that the lady told her that in Asia it only comes in one shade 20Beige (which is really light if you look at Chanel's swatches for their other foundations. However, I am assuming that it might come out in different shades in the US (or everywhere eventually) because the picture of the CC cream is in front of a color swatch of many shades! My skin is slightly tan from the summer so I am concerned about the 20Beige. But, like I said, I will do a full review and see if it's more like a 'neutral' tone that 'matches' your skin color like the Rachel K CC cream is suppose to do. and subscribe to see the reviews!

xoxo
Tina

Admin edit - Members are allowed a link to their blog in the signature area per forum TOS.

TinaOWL

Check it out, I got the Chanel CC cream!!!! Love- Kind of: http://www.ourwonderlust.com/ourwonderlust/chanel-cc-cream.html

Winthrop44

Thanks for posting the ingredients in your review. I'll have to skip it because of the witch hazel and alcohol. Can't say I was too excited to read about it being heavy either, but I hope others will like it!

TinaOWL

Actually, it's not too too heavy. I just don't wear a lot of makeup so I'm not use to it. I think the witch hazel is to control the oil on your skin? I must say that it is really great. I really like it, but in the right shade, I'd LOVE it.

Tina

Admin edit - Members are allowed a link to their blog in the signature area per forum TOS.

Miss QQ

Thanks for the review, TinaOWL. I'm not sure I like witch hazel, it may dry my skin. Most bb creams feels very thick to me, so I'm not surprised to hear this is thick as well.

Rads

This will be launching in the states in March (if I recall correctly)
I am undecided about trying these...I might want to if I find a proper shade, but I am quite happy with my NARS TM for now - and I know a CC cream is not the same as a TM, but I would use these only about once or twice a week at the most, and I don't see how that would provide much of a skincare benefit. The coverage would be about the same as a TM...but I am definitely curious :D

shinebright

Western BB Creams aren't real BB Creams? They're pretty real to me! I've been on the BB Cream train since 2007 and I'm so glad that it's gone mainstream here. For me that means more accessibility and a better fit for me shade-wise. Sometimes the No. 2 shade just doesn't cut it for me.

Also, BB Creams technically aren't from Asia. The original was developed in the '60s by Dr. Christine Schrammek in Germany. My esthetician met her not long ago and...she's a little bitter about people thinking that BB Cream is from Asia, haha.

Rads

Western BB Creams aren't real BB Creams? They're pretty real to me! I've been on the BB Cream train since 2007 and I'm so glad that it's gone mainstream here. For me that means more accessibility and a better fit for me shade-wise. Sometimes the No. 2 shade just doesn't cut it for me.

Also, BB Creams technically aren't from Asia. The original was developed in the '60s by Dr. Christine Schrammek in Germany. My esthetician met her not long ago and...she's a little bitter about people thinking that BB Cream is from Asia, haha.
I guess they are just more popular/widely used in Asia, so people just assume they are from Asia...I remember reading that Germany thing somewhere earlier, though.

I don't know why they say they aren't real BB creams...probably not as many skincare ingredients as the Asian ones? I just don't find them useful because I don't use them on a daily basis...otherwise, the concept of skincare + sun protection + sort of makeup does appeal to me.

Shypo

From what I can gather, the draw of the 'Asian' (most notably Korean) BB creams is that they have substantially more pigment in addition to the skincare goodies that help brighten and protect (SPF) the skin, among other things.......which to me means they're more 'foundations with benefits' vs tinted moisturizer-type products.