Chanel Holiday 2011

Honey&LemonGirl

Start getting hyped up, ladies!! We have some awesome news about Holiday '11, via Cafe Makeup's Twitter:

"Chanel Holiday has a travel brush set, a smokey eye kit and a lip kit. Also will release the Lagons quad and bringing Vanities quad back.

Also Chanel holiday will have 2 ltd ed single eyeshadows, a new red polish, a soft pink loose powder. All items ltd ed. No nail set this yr

In other news, Chanel Holiday looks unreal. Lots of red in almost all current lip formulas. A soft gold- cream pressed power with imprint.

Also Chanel holiday will have a gold polish, a red polish. A bronzy red tissages blush. Huge collection."

Lagons:

Vanities:

We're looking at tons of items for the holiday season! In a neat nutshell:

- Eyes = 2 new LE singles, 2 repromote quads (plus a smoky eye kit)
- Lips = red shades in the current formulas (plus a lip kit)
- Cheeks = bronzy-red tweed blush
- Face = soft pink loose powder, gold/cream pressed powder
- Nails = gold polish, new red polish
- Brushes = travel brush kit

Honey&LemonGirl

RIGHT?! I'm going to die when fall/winter comes along because I'll be dead broke. I want the new Tweed blush for sure (my fave Chanel blush formula), and maybe the smoky eye kit!! Perhaps I'll pass on the quads & singles in favor of the fall neutral quad though.

bis

[quote name="LMD84" url="/forum/thread/175392/chanel-holiday-2011#post_2124060"] oohh the puprle quad looks lovely :)
[/quote] Do you mean Vanites? It's available here, so the UK should have it as well.

Miss QQ

Vanites is at my counter too. Lagons - i've never seen or heard of it, but the pic reminds me of Blue celeste. What a huge collection! It is only the start of summer now and its hard to think of christmas.

LMD84

Vanites is at my counter too. Lagons - i've never seen or heard of it, but the pic reminds me of Blue celeste. What a huge collection! It is only the start of summer now and its hard to think of christmas.
lol! this is very true! i guess things move quick in the make up world!

kanne

Lagons came out with Fauve and Twilight here, so I wonder if this is when you guys will be getting those shadows...Maybe they're the 2 LE shadows?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Those quads are to die for. I think I want both, even though I probably have shades similar to Vanities already. And hearing that there are more red lippies... Well, Chanel is already the paradise of red lips as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure I'll be in line to buy more. And now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go away and not think about any sort of "holiday" collection until after the summer solstice at least.

elegant-one

Quote: Originally Posted by katred Well, Chanel is already the paradise of red lips as far as I'm concerned

So True!

Shypo

I have the original Vanities - great quad - I'll have to show it some love - I'm not sure about Lagons, but of course in-person will tell. I would bet money that the 2 LE shadows are Fauve and Twilight.....I'm so glad I got them. It drives me crazy that they eventually get the European products to us, but never the Asian releases.....
blah.gif

I'm maybe up for the tweed blush, but definitely up for the pink powder! And the smokey eye kit!

kanne

Fauve is pretty shimmery in the tester....I'm about to go and pick mine up so I'll let you know when I've actually used it. Such a pretty colour though.

katred

Specktra Bestie
How are Fauve and Twilight in the sparkly/glittery/shimmery department?
Although I've seen testers that looked scary shimmery, in use, mine isn't overly shimmery at all. Here's a pic of me wearing it on the outer part of my lids:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-s6FS9vzCCcQ/TZ64HREXaOI/AAAAAAAAAnE/HbbYBRYFIpg/s1600/IMG_1842.jpg

LMD84

Although I've seen testers that looked scary shimmery, in use, mine isn't overly shimmery at all. Here's a pic of me wearing it on the outer part of my lids:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-s6FS9vzCCcQ/TZ64HREXaOI/AAAAAAAAAnE/HbbYBRYFIpg/s1600/IMG_1842.jpg
great picture! it looks great on you and not shimmery at all really :)

Winthrop44

That looks great on you! Now I have to have it.
heart.gif

Miss QQ

katred - thanks for sharing the look. Yes, I want Fauve and I'll be so happy if the 2 LE shadows are Fauve and Twilight!

cheryl - are the purples in Vanities warm/reddish or more blue? I remember swatching it a few times at the counter but I can't recall what I thought of it.

kanne

Finally tried out Fauve today....amazing! It is easily the best eyeshadow I own. Pigmented, soft, gorgeous colour and stays in place all day. It is shimmery, but I don't know how to describe it...you only notice when it hits the light, it's still day-time appropriate.