Chanel LA Sunrise Collection-Spring 2016

Raindance

The email said they had the collection and asked if I wanted to set up an appointment to try it.

Edit- Sorry I see you asked quite a while ago. I hope it works out.

Thank you. His spare [gift shopping] time is actually Monday morning so I may be in luck. Although if not, I will just have to be more patient and wait for the UK release in January !

MaryJane

I purchased the blush from Blue Mercury yesterday. The swatches in the thread don't do it justice. It's gorgeous with all the colors swirled together. I was surprised at how pigmented it is. The downside is that it is $80. I think it's worth it it if you'll get a lot f use from it. I still use my blush horizon de Chanel from 3 years ago

elegant-one

I purchased the blush from Blue Mercury yesterday. The swatches in the thread don't do it justice. It's gorgeous with all the colors swirled together. I was surprised at how pigmented it is. The downside is that it is $80. I think it's worth it it if you'll get a lot f use from it. I still use my blush horizon de Chanel from 3 years ago

Thanks so much - that's very good to know!

I don't know why Meddy disappeared. I think she's busy building a makeup floor to her house LOL seriously ;)

laurennnxox

Hmmm I'd have to see this collection in person. I'm liking the eyeliners and the IDOs. But I really don't wear pencil liner too often because wings (with gel or liquid) are my go-to.

I've really been in a makeup rut lately and nothing new has caught my eye. :/

Icecaramellatte

I was in Saks today but didn't think to check things out. I did go to Zitomers down Madison and the SA said they had everything in stock. I could only use a cotton pad to try the blush. Btw they have another one of those looks like real displays and I tried to swatch the plastic one first. The blush didn't wow me swirled but I did like the colors individually. I loved the eyeliners and want all three. I feel like I couldn't get a proper swatch of idos so I have to try them another time. I couldn't quite make out the nail polish from the bottle and I already had a color on so I don't know what it looks like.

elegant-one

I was in Saks today but didn't think to check things out. I did go to Zitomers down Madison and the SA said they had everything in stock. I could only use a cotton pad to try the blush. Btw they have another one of those looks like real displays and I tried to swatch the plastic one first.

:rofl:OMG this makes me laugh so much because I've done it so many times & I always feel like an idiot :doh: LOLOL!!! I know that Vee has done it too :oops: :secret::rotfl:

Ernie

Hi ladies, I've been out of commission but wanted to say hi. I've missed you all.
I did get to Bergdorfs to see the collection, again they don't have the eyeshadow palette, maybe after New Years. I did pick up some items and took pictures.

MaryJane

I got a chance to use the blush today and it is extremely pigmented. I might have to use a stippling brush from now on. I think someone mentioned using the colors individually instead of blending them together. That might me possible for the bigger sections (the bronze and pink shades) but there's no way to get a blush brush into the other sections without picking up the other colors.

Ernie

Yayy!! You are back!!! :D
Thank you so much for the swatches! The IDO's look pretty!! :wow: THe lippies arent that sheer either???
Hi Vin!
You're welcome.
The ido's are gorgeous, I just got moonlight pink.
Mighty(the lightest pink) is kind of sheer, but I got it anyway, couldn't help it, I also got energy, that has a good amount of color as does the coral color.

laurennnxox

SO glad to hear I'm not the only one! I've been buying a mini L'Occitane for my home instead lately.
Lol! I haven't filled the void with other purchases.... yet.

I have been trying to compose a wish-list but have been really finding nothing. I think the *only* thing I'm on the hunt for is like.. a nice warm, rusty fall red/brown blush (such an elegant-one type description! LMAO :p ) I haven't found anything to meet that look I'm envisioning. Even though it's not really fall anymore, it would pair so nicely with all the types of eye looks I've been doing lately.

But a lot of new collections just haven't been doing it for me...