Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 2014 Eye Collection

Winthrop44

Got my package yesterday. I like Poesie a lot (esp the darkest shade that Elegant liked and the one in the opposite corner from it that Icecaramellatte liked....the 2 lightest shades I could have lived without but I also think they may look nice paired with Hesitation). I was very unimpressed with the pigmentation of Camelia. Maybe I got a bad one since I haven't heard anyone else say that about Camelia??? Don't think I need any more of these right now (with the possible exception of Vénitien) because the others that appeal to me shade-wise look too metallic for me in swatches. Maybe I'll feel differently if I eventually get to see them in person.

sarabeautime

Got my package yesterday. I like Poesie a lot (esp the darkest shade that Elegant liked and the one in the opposite corner from it that Icecaramellatte liked....the 2 lightest shades I could have lived without but I also think they may look nice paired with Hesitation). I was very unimpressed with the pigmentation of Camelia. Maybe I got a bad one since I haven't heard anyone else say that about Camelia??? Don't think I need any more of these right now (with the possible exception of Vénitien) because the others that appeal to me shade-wise look too metallic for me in swatches. Maybe I'll feel differently if I eventually get to see them in person.
I think the one you ordered (Camelia) is not one of the best of the line. I don't really like the quality of Cambon and I find Camelia to be not that outstanding.
All the others sing though and on the eyes they don't look too metallic. I would recommend checking these out in person.

I would like to order Poesie and send it to a friend (who forwards it to me). A few days ago I added it on my shopping bag at Chanel online store and I was waiting (for what I don't know) then it sold out. I can't shop from Macy's because that store is the only one which doesn't accept my international CC. I can shop almost anywhere else though (Saks, NM, Nordies, Chanel etc.) Have anyone seen those somewhere else online???

Winthrop44

Thanks Sara. I will hopefully get to check them out in person sometime but my nearest counter is really far away, such a bummer.

Winthrop44

Quote: Originally Posted by sarabeautime

I would like to order Poesie and send it to a friend (who forwards it to me). A few days ago I added it on my shopping bag at Chanel online store and I was waiting (for what I don't know) then it sold out. I can't shop from Macy's because that store is the only one which doesn't accept my international CC. I can shop almost anywhere else though (Saks, NM, Nordies, Chanel etc.) Have anyone seen those somewhere else online???

Poesie is back in stock on chanel.com now if you want to grab it. Have not seen it online elsewhere other than Macys yet.

Shypo

I inadvertently ordered 2 Poesies....was going to send one back.....until I opened it. Wow - gorgeous! I can't wait to try it!

I need to check the others out in person too before deciding, but I know I'll cave.
amuse.gif

elegant-one

Ooh. Did you try that shade on yet? I am thinking about Gabrielle. Its in my cart

elegant-one

I inadvertently ordered 2 Poesies....was going to send one back.....until I opened it. Wow - gorgeous! I can't wait to try it!

I need to check the others out in person too before deciding, but I know I'll cave.
amuse.gif
girlhaha.gif
Winthrop & I were just talking about ordering in pairs
sigh.gif

Those shades will be beautiful on you. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

You did order the Nordies Lacey Highlighter ...right?!
poke.gif
heart.gif

Shypo

Was that a rhetorical question?
lol.gif

Oh, and when I ordered the highlighter, I ordered Rivoli too.....Gabrielle still has me intrigued. Ugh. I guess a trip to Nordies is in order......

elegant-one

Was that a rhetorical question?
lol.gif

Oh, and when I ordered the highlighter, I ordered Rivoli too.....Gabrielle still has me intrigued. Ugh. I guess a trip to Nordies is in order......
greengrin.gif
girlhaha.gif

I like Rivoli too ;)

I might go see them this weekend.

Shypo

Gail, too bad about Camelia! I was eyeing that one as well....now y'all have me wanting to check out Venetien.......
th_worship.gif

Winthrop44

:D :haha: I like Rivoli too ;) I might go see them this weekend.
Please do! :cheer: I would love to know if Rivoli is in the same color family as MAC Antiqued - since Antiqued doesn't work for me that would be a good way for me to rule it out for myself. I have not tried Poesie on my eyes yet, just swatched. P.S. I also love Gabrielle in Sara's swatches, I'm just wondering how metallic (and dark) it would look on me. It scares me a little. :lol:

Medgal07

Thanks so much for finding swatches! That pic says it was just posted 16 hours ago so I guess our wishes were answered!
flower.gif
Not sure what I think of it -- i guess like most of them it looks very basic but might be really pretty in person/applied. Looking forward to your thoughts Medgal.
Winthrop, I love Poésie---I used the quad this week and constructed a really pretty smokey eye. I wore the
darker shade over IDO New Moon for an incredibly soft, sensual, wearable daytime look. I will reach for Poésie
often.

My Tissé Vénitien arrived today along with the new # 20 blending eye brush. Interestimgly, this palette is larger
than Poésie. I don't recall anyone mentioning that. I have Rivoli sitting in my cart but I keep going back and
forth between that and Gabrielle. Maybe I should just get both!!!

shrugs.gif

Winthrop44

That sounds really pretty. Will have to try it. Yes, order Rivoli AND Gabrielle so you can tell us all about them! You should still be celebrating your birthday anyway, right?
party.gif

How strange that Venitien is larger! Have you swatched it yet? Do you love it?

meleftie

[COLOR=0000FF]Winthrop, I love Poésie---I used the quad this week and constructed a really pretty smokey eye.  I wore the[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  darker shade over IDO New Moon for an incredibly [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]soft, sensual, wearable daytime look.  I will reach for Poésie[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  often.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  My Tissé Vénitien arrived today along with the new # 20 blending eye brush.  Interestimgly, this palette is larger[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  than Poésie.  I don't recall anyone mentioning that.  [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]I have Rivoli sitting in my cart but I keep going back and[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  forth between that and Gabrielle.  Maybe I should just get both!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]                                                                                                                      [/COLOR]:shrugs:  
So glad to read you love Poesie - dang it I've been avoiding new moon, have you used it often? I just received my #20 brush yesterday along with the Rivoli palette. I've had venitien in and out of my cart but I'm not a teal eye person so not sure how much I'd use. I did order from the Nordstrom anniversary sale today the Dentelle Face Powder - along with a backup prelude quad (love it!!) and a Charlotte Tilbury bronzer highlight set that I couldn't resist.

Medgal07

That sounds really pretty. Will have to try it. Yes, order Rivoli AND Gabrielle so you can tell us all about them! You should still be celebrating your birthday anyway, right?
party.gif

How strange that Venitien is larger! Have you swatched it yet? Do you love it?
Oh you shameless enabler Winthrop---I adore you. It doesn't take much to push me over the edge! I have not yet swatched Vénitien---I'm still in the drooling, can't touch
stage, but it's really gorgeous. I guess you could say it's love at first sight.

You're right--it's still close enough to my BD to get both Rivoli AND Gabrielle!!
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

I did order from the Nordstrom anniversary sale today the Dentelle Face Powder - along with a backup prelude quad (love it!!) and a Charlotte Tilbury bronzer highlight set that I couldn't resist.
yahoo.gif
Yay Meleftie! You're having a hauling good time!!! I do use New Moon often---on it's own and under e/s. I used it 3 times this week, and it's only Friday.
Would you please put your Poésie palette next to your Rivoli palette and tell me that I'm not imaging a small difference in size?

I also ordered the illuminating powder---a rather troubling addiction of mine.

Enjoy your goodies!!!!!

EDT: Typo

meleftie

:yahoo:  [COLOR=0000FF]Yay Meleftie!  You're having a hauling good time!!!  I do your New Moon often---on it's own and under e/s.  I used it 3 times this week, and it's only Friday.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]               Would you please put your Poésie palette next to your Rivoli palette and tell me that I'm not imaging a small difference in size?[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]              I also ordered the illuminating powder---a rather troubling addiction of mine.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]              Enjoy your goodies!!!!![/COLOR]
Ha, yes I keep saying I need to stop but my ordering fingers don't listen. Sad when you're debit card is memorized from all the online shopping. Dang I might cave and order new moon. I'm also trying to NOT order the #7 foundation blending brush. Anyone have experience with it? I'm at work :busted:, as soon as I get home will snap a photo of both side by side for you.

Medgal07

I'm at work
busted.gif
, as soon as I get home will snap a photo of both side by side for you.
The Chanel # 7 Blending Foundation brush is a stippler just like the MAC 187, and they perform the same.
The handle of the # 7 is shorter than the 187---I like that because it gives me more control. The bristles of the
# 7 are much softer than the 187. In terms of technique, I stipple, stipple stipple than swirl the brush to blend.

Thanks Meleftie but you don't need to take a photo of the palettes. I compared my Poésie and Vénitien palettes
and noticed a slight difference. Just hold your palettes side/side and let me know if you think there's a difference.

TY
bouquet.gif