Chanel Soho Collection - LE Fall 2010

elegant-one

img3488px.jpg

img3487.jpg

MzzRach

I don't get the sponge applicators either, but I'm sure some people use them.

Being a total brush snob, I don't.
lol.gif

Camnagem

I'm so torn on the Stunning quad.
th_crazy.gif

I think I really want it, but then there's that annoying feeling like I have all of these colors already. I do love Chanel quads, but I think I'll be passing on this one in favor of the holiday quad.

Rave: I'm wearing Steel NP today...it's fantastic! So gorgeous and edgy without being "try too hard", if you know what I mean. Love.

Hypathya

I don't know when I'm getting this but at least I know it's going to be available here!!
th_DANCE.gif

The blush/highlight powder better worth the fact I resigned 1 blush from the Fall collection
girl_devil.gif
lol.gif

Miss QQ

I hope I get the entire collection, not just parts of it. I want almost everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
the quad looks lovely for everyday looks. but why on earth are their sponge applicaters in there?! is this normal for Chanel? being a high end brand i at least expected a little brush!
tong.gif

lol.gif
Their e/s quads come with two sponge applicators each. I used them when I just purchased my first two quads, and now I just take them out and put them in a zip lock bag. Handy if I want to swatch on my hand for photos.
winks.gif
At least their blushes and highlighters come with brushes.
smiles.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I'm so torn on the Stunning quad.
th_crazy.gif

I think I really want it, but then there's that annoying feeling like I have all of these colors already. I do love Chanel quads, but I think I'll be passing on this one in favor of the holiday quad.

Rave: I'm wearing Steel NP today...it's fantastic! So gorgeous and edgy without being "try too hard", if you know what I mean. Love.

I am looking forward to using my Steel too. I really liked it swatched on myself and I agree with your assessment of it!
cutey.gif
IMHO unless your green eyes are blue-green the Soho quad won't do that much for you. Mine are a warmer/golden flecked green and between that and my yellow undertones it's very meh on me. With blue, blue-green, or brown eyes I think it would be beautiful.

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I am looking forward to using my Steel too. I really liked it swatched on myself and I agree with your assessment of it!
cutey.gif
IMHO unless your green eyes are blue-green the Soho quad won't do that much for you. Mine are a warmer/golden flecked green and between that and my yellow undertones it's very meh on me. With blue, blue-green, or brown eyes I think it would be beautiful.

Ooohh I hope your're right. My eyes are blue and my quad and the Soho blush/highlighter should hopefully arrive this week!

Camnagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
cutey.gif

Thank you for this!
friends.gif

My eyes are a mid-dark green that for sure leans to the warm side. Now I can pass this easily and wait for the holiday quad, which I think looks amazing!

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
I hope I get the entire collection, not just parts of it. I want almost everything.

Me too!!
sigh.gif

Camnagem

So...
th_crazy.gif

Having now decided to pass on the quad my eyes wander over to the Highlighting Powder/Blush. Of course.
lol.gif

Here's my question to anyone who has it: Does it remind you of any other blush you already own in color? If so, which?

I'm having a hard time determining what this will actually look like on. Maybe it's too brown for me? Too sparkly to use as a blush? Too sheer? Ugh, I just can't tell!

MzzRach

Quote:
So...
th_crazy.gif

Having now decided to pass on the quad my eyes wander over to the Highlighting Powder/Blush. Of course.
lol.gif

Here's my question to anyone who has it: Does it remind you of any other blush you already own in color? If so, which?

I'm having a hard time determining what this will actually look like on. Maybe it's too brown for me? Too sparkly to use as a blush? Too sheer? Ugh, I just can't tell!

Karla Sugar has some swatches on her blog, including the powder/blush: Guest Swatcher: Chanel Soho Collection - The Next Best Thing To Going Shopping Yourself

It looks shimmery, but not like a glitter bomb. Hopefully others will weigh in.

elegant-one

Quote:
So...
th_crazy.gif

lol.gif

girlhaha.gif

No it really doesn't remind me of any blush I have - which I must admit is weird. Unless something pops into my head later - nope.

Its this very very beautiful soft rosy mauvey brownish (but not brown) color with gorgeous very subtle shimmer to it. I've worn it as a blush & in the hollows of my cheeks with another color on top.

For me personally, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that stone vanilla highlight color at the top. Best highlighter I have EVER worn. It lightens/brightens without screaming - Hey I'm highlighted
lol.gif

The texture is of course Chanel's silky finely milled powder!

Ingenue

Made nice with the local Chanel rep, and it's definitely being filtered down to counters in November. I'll wait until then to get the highlighter. I want to try it first. She already has me pre ordered for a Stunning Lipstick, another Stunt Laque, and the Holiday Quad...

Here's what Stunt looks like on me:

DSC00909.JPG

Im NC43 in MAC foundations.

purrtykitty

Looks great on you,and that's great news for those of us that missed out on Stunning! Which department store are you getting your items from?

Ingenue

Nordstrom in WEST LA. The manager is new... and a total Chanel junkie. I told her about specktra... she may come in to say hi! She apparently alerts addicts when she gets rare and/or discontinued items. She's AWESOME! I'm all set for the pre order... so I'm no longer panicking about what items I want. She's got me covered through the end of the year!

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenue
Nordstrom in WEST LA. The manager is new... and a total Chanel junkie. I told her about specktra... she may come in to say hi! She apparently alerts addicts when she gets rare and/or discontinued items. She's AWESOME! I'm all set for the pre order... so I'm no longer panicking about what items I want. She's got me covered through the end of the year!

Excellent news. Chances are good it'll be online, then. I would love a counter manager that would alert me to rare goodies. She sounds like a gem!

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenue
She apparently alerts addicts when she gets rare and/or discontinued items. She's AWESOME!

Wow, I'd say so!!!
yes.gif