Chanel Spring 2011

elegant-one

yeah, I was getting that limit thing last night & today. My box flies away so theres no chance of me typing anything into it
ohboy.gif

Shypo

I have the same issue with the limit message.....but the box stays up unless I x it out......not sure if I like it - sometimes I just want to run my mouse over something and see what's behind it, not have to take an action.....oh well.

Bring on the lip shines!! I would so love to get my hands on Joyeus......
sigh.gif
....it will look fab on you Elegant!!!

Shadowy Lady

Happy birthday Miss QQ, hope you have a wonderful day! And us Aquarians rocks, my birthday is on Feb 5th :D

Elegant - what a sweet gift! Your hubby is def a keeper

elegant-one

^Thanks love!

yep he is...we're pretty well sealed together at our age
girlhaha.gif

I hope you have a wonderful wonderful Birthday!!!!

User38

oy this is giving me a toothache.. ha

well ladies I have to make a brief announcement... my hair which looked so lovely when I came back from Europe looked like straw after I showered this am.. yech
blink.gif

I went to work and left at noon to see my hairdresser on an emergency basis.. lol. and he suggested I get some colour thrown on cause the sun, wind, chlorine, salt and all assorted crap had really dried out and made my hair look like a birds nest.... he put in a golden/red vegetable thing.. which looked like saffron ground up and made into a paste and then blew it dry and trimmed the edges.. omg. I look almost pretty..
pretty.gif
with newly trimmed and a soft golden/strawberry blonde hair.. yeah.

all my ls /lg look fabulous with this colour and my skin looks.. like old porcelain
girlhaha.gif
-- but this will work for me finally found a really pretty colour and am leaving my grey behind me.... well not literally.

Happy Bday Ms. Q !!

Elegant.. that is a gorgeous gift.. congrats and enjoy!

I am off to buying some ls for my new haircolour..

Shypo

Oh my!!! New hair color!!!! Good for you! It sounds lovely, and what better reason to go shop for new lippies!!! I'm thinking of doing something different with mine - I've not been happy with my cut. I think I'm going to have to go back to a previous hairdresser, but her rates went up astronomically because she's "Redken trained" and I just have a hard time paying for a cut what I currently pay for cut AND color. Just one of those things, but I guess there's no better example of 'you get what you pay for'.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day and counting their blessings!

elegant-one

oy this is giving me a toothache.. ha

well ladies I have to make a brief announcement... my hair which looked so lovely when I came back from Europe looked like straw after I showered this am.. yech
blink.gif

I went to work and left at noon to see my hairdresser on an emergency basis.. lol. and he suggested I get some colour thrown on cause the sun, wind, chlorine, salt and all assorted crap had really dried out and made my hair look like a birds nest.... he put in a golden/red vegetable thing.. which looked like saffron ground up and made into a paste and then blew it dry and trimmed the edges.. omg. I look almost pretty..
pretty.gif
with newly trimmed and a soft golden/strawberry blonde hair.. yeah.

all my ls /lg look fabulous with this colour and my skin looks.. like old porcelain
girlhaha.gif
-- but this will work for me finally found a really pretty colour and am leaving my grey behind me.... well not literally.

Happy Bday Ms. Q !!

Elegant.. that is a gorgeous gift.. congrats and enjoy!

I am off to buying some ls for my new haircolour..
As long as its not crackled porcelain - you're good
pretty.gif

Thank you - smooches!

Awesome on the new hair color! We should throw a party! Now theres one I haven't used yet - I have to buy ls because of my hair
girlhaha.gif

Oh, I may have a surprise for you one of these nights....I asked hubby to help me & he said, "are you really gong to do that?" - I said of course, its funny
greengrin.gif
After all these years why on earth would he even act surprised at anything I do. *snickers*

purrtykitty

Hey all, I've been here and there, and yes, we're covered in ice...and snow, too. We were let out early today - love that! Rumors are abounding that work will be cancelled tomorrow, but I don't think that will be the case, maybe a late start, if anything. Oh well, I'll take what I can get to give me more downtime!

Bonitinha

Karen -- ick with the ice and snow. Hope you get more downtime out of it, though! I am really over winter.

HG -- I think you're on to something with this whole buying l/s to go with your new haircolor. I am going to remember that when I get my hair done this weekend. The color sounds gorgeous -- wish I could see a pic!

Elegant -- after seeing your gorgeous Tiffany pics, I am going to start dropping hints for hubs to get me the matching Tiffany Beads earrings to go with the bracelet he got me a few years ago. It's been way to long since I've gotten the "famous box"!

Camnagem

HG - Welcome back with your tan self! I bet your new hair looks amazing!
graucho.gif

MissQQ - Happy Birthday!! I hope it's the best so far...enjoy your day!
happybirthday.gif

Elegant - What a special gift for a special lady! Thanks for sharing a picture with us, they're always great!

Mr. Elegant - Good job on the gift!
clap.gif

HI to everyone else!!!!!!! I had a ton of other things to say but I can't quote today (lol) for some reason.

It's butt-freezing cold here today ladies. Right now the temp is -5!!!! The low for tonight is supposed to be -20!!!! OMG, all of this negative number crap is so totally foreign to this California girl, I think I might need to sleep IN the fireplace, lol. I hope you're all doing great and staying warm!

elegant-one

Karen -- ick with the ice and snow. Hope you get more downtime out of it, though! I am really over winter.

HG -- I think you're on to something with this whole buying l/s to go with your new haircolor. I am going to remember that when I get my hair done this weekend. The color sounds gorgeous -- wish I could see a pic!

Elegant -- after seeing your gorgeous Tiffany pics, I am going to start dropping hints for hubs to get me the matching Tiffany Beads earrings to go with the bracelet he got me a few years ago. It's been way to long since I've gotten the "famous box"!
So you like HG reasonings too ...hahaha LOL!
Yes, hit him up now - free shipping on any order
amuse.gif

elegant-one

HG - Welcome back with your tan self! I bet your new hair looks amazing!
graucho.gif

MissQQ - Happy Birthday!! I hope it's the best so far...enjoy your day!
happybirthday.gif

Elegant - What a special gift for a special lady! Thanks for sharing a picture with us, they're always great!

Mr. Elegant - Good job on the gift!
clap.gif

HI to everyone else!!!!!!! I had a ton of other things to say but I can't quote today (lol) for some reason.

It's butt-freezing cold here today ladies. Right now the temp is -5!!!! The low for tonight is supposed to be -20!!!! OMG, all of this negative number crap is so totally foreign to this California girl, I think I might need to sleep IN the fireplace, lol. I hope you're all doing great and staying warm!
Aww, thanks dear! Miss seeing/chatting with you.

Yeah baby that is freaking cold!

So, what do you think of the lip shine colors? Dumb question probably.

MzzRach

Soooooo, 44 pages in this thread, but I am being lazy, so what do y'all think of the spring collection? Any must haves? I originally picked up the 5 colour eyeshadow palette and it was too sheer and glittery for me. How's the quad? xx

Happy Birthday Miss QQ!!

Hope all of you in the blizzard/snow conditions are staying safe. I won't tell you about the weather in Northern California.
girlhaha.gif

Shypo

Oh, MzzRach! I LOVE northern Cali - I was there a couple of weeks ago - I'm hoping to go back in the next month or so.......I have had enough of snow for a lifetime!

I personally love the quint when I use mattes to balance it out - the quad is nice, but I sorta like Murano better in general....but the blush!
love.gif
I also have Flamboyante, Jersey Rose and Coquette - love them all! I skipped the glossimers this time around.

Enjoy your weather......

Meg, we don't need any hot cross buns, so stay out of the fireplace
rofl.gif
. Cozy up with your man NEXT to that fire!! I love a good fire!

MzzRach

Thanks ladies! I think I will pick up Jersey Rose for sure - the blush looks super gorgeous, but I have so many peachy blushes already...............hmmmm. Does anyone who has Benefit's Coralista also have Espiegle? They look a bit similar to me at first glance.

Bonitinha

Oh Meg -- -5 degrees? Fa-reezing! Hope you can stay warm!!

MzzRach -- I must say I am a big fan of Espiegle blush! It is really beautiful. I also got Jersey Rose and it is beautiful, too.

Here is Karla's swatch of Coralista:
http://karlasugar.net/2009/02/benefit-boxed-blush-and-bronzers/

And Espiegle:
http://karlasugar.net/2010/12/chanel-spring-2011/chanel-spring-2011-cheeks-and-nails/

I think Coralista is more of a pinky peach. Espiegle has a touch of pink -- but definitely shows up peach on me -- with a gorgeous subtle shimmer.

MzzRach

^^ Thank you Bonitinha!! I should've thought to check Karla's site. Will have to consider Espiegle........but it's hard to justify since I have so many peachy blushes already, not just Coralista. LOL

I am definitely getting Jersey Rose. And maybe a new Glossimer?
blush-anim-cl.gif

ETA - will do Winthrop! ;-)